Chapter One

Hello World!

I know that this is kinda unprofessional but I just wanted to give a little "introduction" because this is my first story that i've actually PUBLISHED so i'm very exited!!!

I think that i might give an update either each week or every, say, Wednesday and Saturday or something? Any Preferences?

So i hope that you have read the blurb, but if not i recommend for you too read it now. (sorry if spelling errors)

(sorry if its kinda short)

Here we go!

________________________________________________________________________________

"Hurry up Apricot!"

The small fox grunted and sped up beside her, her nose pink from the rush of warm air. They passed trees of green and brown, of pink and white and ran through leaves falling from the highest peaks, scattering the sky with red and orange. The floor was scattered with twigs and leaves, with both hard and soft soil paving the way. She and the fox came into the clearing of wistful breezes.The sun was shining down on the many grass fields full of daisies, sunflowers, buttercups, orchids and so many more scattered wildflowers that Willow couldn't even begin to name. The field was painted with every colour of the spectrum with added splotches of brown, turquoise and golden white, the most beautiful colour Willow had ever seen. The sky was baby blue with just one cloud of pearl, the cloud wheezing wonderfully across the sky. Willow suddenly stopped and sat down, gesturing to the small red fox to come down beside her. Apricot slowly moved over toward Willows thigh, spun in a circle three times and curled up on her lap. Apricot smelled of crisp red apples and daisies, just like always. The smell to Willow was comforting and familiar, and reassuring that all was perky. She slowly lowered her head to the flower bed and gazed at the sky. She flinched at Apricot's sudden movement as she nuzzled her nose against her chest. Willow looked down at the foxes beady nose and smiled. This was the way it had been for 2 years, just her and Apricot running wildly in the woods, free from scorn and funky looks from passing strangers.

"What is it?"

Apricot closed her eyes and heaved a heavy sigh. Willow slowly stroked Apricot's nose and tapped her scarred nose and Willow swore she could have seen Apricot smile.

Willow got up completely silently, not a single flower bent or bruised and all standing proud and upright. They strolled down the fields with silent steps leaving no footprints behind. As Willow stepped on, the flowers slowly curled in and went back into the soil. But as she stepped off, the flowers stood up again, blooming and flourishing with their brightest colours.

She swayed with every step as if the flowers were singing to her.

They slowed their pace as they came to a lake. The lake was mossy and full of colorful lily pads with blooming flowers that sprouted white and pink.

Willow looked into the river and saw her reflection. Though running away at the age of 11, and staying in the wonders of the wilderness for 2 years, this 13 year old girl was still well aware of looking good and caring about her appearance. Though they did have a small amount of dirt on her face, which Apricot jumped and licked off.

Willow smiled as she gazed on into the lake.

Her face was smooth as silk with a handful of freckles scattered on her small perfect straight nose. Her eyes were a range of 3 three colours. The inside near the pupil was a deep shade of brown. The brown streaked into a green rim of forest green like a dark wet leaf. And lastly the green turned into a sea blue, like you were staring into the land of the fishes. Her eyelashes were pink rose petals, a deep engaging pink that stayed smooth with each blink. Her lips were purple, not an artificial lipstic purple, but a natural purple that she had grown up with her whole life.Her cheeks were pink and silky soft, like touching a water lake. Her hair was waist length and in long braids at the moment, with tips of golden brown at the ends. Her hair had flowers all through her braids and although she liked to pretend that she put them there herself, she was born with them. For her whole life people thought of her as a freak. Flowers also grew out of her face and head, pink, purple, yellow and white. Although they changed colour with her mood.

When Willow was born she was a normal happy baby. She looked like everyone else, talked like everyone else and fit in perfectly. In fact she was actually an exceptionally cute baby. Though that all stopped when she started to grow her hair.

At first, there was a pod. A small green pod at the top of her head, and slowly but surely, it began to bloom. The flower was a deep shade of violet, and as soon as it bloomed her hair started to grow rapidly, with flowers sprouting at the ends. As soon as this started her parents would always say that they put them in her hair, to hide the fact that Willow was a freak, and it worked.

For about a week.

Then the next stage started.

Her face began to show kinds of pimples along the rims of her cheeks and around her eyes and one on her nose. The ones along the side of her face bloomed into strong large roses, while the ones around her eyes bloomed small quiet blossoms and the one on her nose into a daisy.

There was no way her parents could cover up that.

Her Feet and shins slowly turned into tree trunks making her legs and feet look like barky leafy pillars. And her forearms and hands turned to branches and her fingers to sticks and leaves.

She looked like a tree.

And then she started to move differently. Every time she stayed in one spot for too long, her feet would plaster into the ground and he would turn into a tree. A Willow Tree in fact, which Willow thought quite Ironic and amusing, seeing as her name was in fact, Willow.

She started to be able to control the trees, making them move and grow in certain ways that were indeed not natural, and echoed her mood. Mad feelings would rage and cause fires. The trees start strong winds and cause trees to grow rapidly in signs of power and strength. But sadness would cause the trees to wither and shrink and make it rain and hail and even snow. Depression and grief would make the ground burn under flames and the water to raise tidal waves and thrashing winds.

She could control the Earth.

The air.

The fire.

The weather.

And the water.

Her face and hair was like a flower bed and her body like a tree, yet she was ambitious and the most beautiful creature in the whole world, and the most beautiful girl ever in history, the old book and its current writing pages.

Apricot barked and scratched Willow's shins, causing Willow to look and stare down only to see the stubborn fox jumping into the lake making a big splash.

They swam until night where they set up camp in the field, surrounded by the flower tree tent willow had carved, and ate berries for dinner.

Life was good and over time in the past, people accepted her. Boys had crushes on her, had food, water and energy right in front of her and people loved and cared about her. She had everything she needed.

But then why did she have to leave?