Announcement

I'm discontinuing and scrapping TRS. Recently, I've come up with a lot of better book ideas and I'm Improving my storytelling. I'm not happy with the plot of TRS, the characters, or the concept. The only part of the book I'll ever like is the planned end.
I will be adding that into this segment.
But I'm sure a few of you have noticed how I stopped working on it, and haven't added any of my premade chapters.
The plot is all over the place considering the fact that I've changed the topic over and over again throughout writing.
At first, TRS was supposed to be about Soot, her siblings, and her friends joining tribes. They would have each gotten assigned a different one based on skills. There would've been forbidden romance but I dropped that. It was cringey. So I changed the subject to her group surviving in the wild. But who would be able to take care of eight people and two cats? Plus a fawn at some point.
I will not be making a new variation of this story. I will not be using any of the same characters from this story. I will not be using this concept anymore.
I thank you all greatly for supporting my work but I'm just not happy with it.

But without further ado, the TRS ending paragraph:

"I know I failed because I lost you. But I know you succeeded because you lost me. I'd take my life for yours but you know it's okay because I was a burden." Soot slipped her jacket off and tossed it to a nearby rock before letting the rushing waterfall consume her as she waded to the space behind it. The space where she would meet death

-The Raging Storm, final scene

I had also written an epilogue, for life after Soot's death.
Tw: Mentions of suicide

  I glanced at my adopted sisters. Haze was crying next to Hibiscus, or Dream as she preffered to be called. Dream was also in tears. They must have seen the news.
  There was one story that they had been keeping track of. Soot. They called the police in hopes of getting their friend back. The last trace known is a leather jacket she always wore. It was on a stone beside the Rushing River.
  I crept closer to Silver, who was watching the replay.
  "Today is the day that the Soot investigation ends. Police found this eighteen-year-old behind the Deathly Falls, newly named in honor of the tragic waterfall death that was actually not an accident." The news reporter stopped talking.
  Silver spoke, "Soot was an amazing friend, much like a sister to me. She always mentioned one thing that made me furious though. She said she was a burden."
  It cut to Dream, "I truly loved her. For her. For the burden she said she was. She was the best human on this horrible planet. She said everything would be easier once she was alone. I never truly understood."
  Then Violet, one of the four dead. Her story was different than the others because it was after all of the adventures. She had been bitten by a black widow a few days prior to now and wasn't helped in time. "Soot always said she would be there for us all whenever we needed her. But she's not here now." She sighed, "She will never be here for any of us again."
  I heard my own voice. "I never knew Soot personally but she sounded so cool. She saved her friends so many times!" Another voice cut in.
  "Come on, Mellohi, we need to let Haze speak."
  Haze's voice was filled with emotion, a rare thing. "Soot said that we would all be better off without her. And her last words to me were 'When I'm alone, the burden will be gone.' I now understand that she meant the burden of her own life that she carried on her shoulders. She failed to keep her siblings alive. They were the reason she ever got to see Dream, Violet, and I in person. Though they made her regret so much, she loved them. With the horrible journey she went on, I can't blame her for hating her life. It wasn't an accident, the waterfall death was planned. She wouldn't have left her jacket if it weren't." Haze paused. "She gave me something, a slip of paper with the date of her death on it. She planned the day. I didn't know until she was pronounced dead that this date was the planned day of her death."
  The video ended. Silver turned to me. "Mellohi, can't you go somewhere else?! You didn't even know Soot!" Tears streaked down her face.
  "Yes, sorry, Silver." I walked away.
  I never knew Soot well but I know she died both a hero and a villain. She saved lives but endangered others. I've seen her myself, in dreams. She spoke to me. She told me that she didn't eat when her friends needed it more. She saved her siblings from rivers. She let one life slip out of her grasp though.
  She let her own life slip away without hesitation. If only she had stayed with her friends.

Even that has a few plot holes.

Anyways my next story will either be about a God who goes to the human realm to see why the humans rely on the elemental gods, only to have to get back to his realm to bring light back to earth, or about a girl named Astrid who falls in love with her resident ghost named Ezra