10 - Bad News.

*Ring ring ring*

I picked up my phone.

"Hello?"

"Is this Aubrey Graham?" A women's voice asked

"Yes" I replied

"I'm sorry to tell you this put your mother has been in a terrible accident and is in intensive care"

I felt my heart beat faster, family is everything to me. I had only just sorted things with Nicki and now I'm faced with another tragedy. Why me?

"When can I see her?" I felt like I was about to cry

"See Aubrey, this is why I am calling, you can see her today from 3pm - 9pm"

"Okay thanks" I put the phone down

I sat down and stayed still as tears fell from my eyes. I put my face in my hands and wiped away my tears.

I grabbed my keys, got into my car and made my way into the city.

I bought some gifts for my mother. I heard my phone buzzing, it was Nicki, God she must have sent me about a million texts, but I didn't reply to one. I was so devastated that I just wanted to shut everyone out.

I made my way to the hospital, I took a deep breath and braced myself for what I was about to see. I was just about to walk into the room when the machine that my mother was hooked to started beeping violently.

A Hurd of nurses and doctors rushed to the room.

"I'm sorry Mr Graham but you're going to have to wait outside" a male doctor said to me

I immediately walked backwards and out of the room. I was in complete shock. My body shook with fear as I dropped all the gifts. I backed up and fell onto a seat.

What was happening to my mother?

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket. My hands were shaking so much that I could barely hold my phone. I decided to ring Nicki.

"Hello?"

"Nicki, hey it's me, my mother is in hospital and has been rushed into the ICU. It looks really bad for her and well, I'm scared"

"Oh my, are you ok? Do you want me to come to the hospital?"

"That would be good, I just really need to hold someone right now" I cried.

------------------------------------------
20 minutes later ----

"Hey"

I turned and looked, it was Nicki. I ran up to her and gave her a tight squeeze.

"What happened to her?"

"I don't know, the nurse called and said I could visit, but when I arrived something happened to her" I told Nicki as a man in a nurses uniform approached me

"Are you Aubrey?" He asked

"Yes"

"I'm sorry to tell you this but your mother has passed away, her lungs were punctured in the accident and we couldn't save her, you can go in and say your goodbyes"

Heaven gained another angel ~