CHAPTER NINE

Na-Ri and Jun Woo walked inside the courthouse together holding hands. Choi Myung Hee and Han Seung Hyeok were talking to the judge so they could do whatever they wanted.

She and Jun Woo were waiting outside the courtroom talking.

"After the trial, what do you want to eat?" Jun Woo asked her.

"Hmm," she put her hand on her chin. "I don't know. You can choose it's your first trial after all. I'll pay for it too."

"Wahh, I haven't even won yet and you're treating me like a king." Jun Woo joked.

Na-Ri laughed. That's when she saw Vincenzo walking to her. She tried to look away but she already made eye contact with him.

Vincenzo stopped in front of them, "Lilia, I need to talk to you."

"I can't talk right now. Maybe later." Na-Ri walked past Vincenzo and dragged Jun Woo along. "Let's go find Mr. Han and Ms. Choi." She told him.

They found them shortly after and went to the courtroom together. They all noticed that the ceiling was leaking and Han Seung Hyeok asked who made the building. To which Jun Woo answered Babel E&C or its original name Haemun E&C. Choi Myung Hee started talking about the history and Han Seung Hyeok wondered how a government building was falling apart.

Jun Woo was about to go to the defense table when Na-Ri pulled his arm and kissed his cheek. "Good luck." He smiled and went to his chair.

Na-Ri looked around for any open seats but there was only one and it was next to Vincenzo. She hesitated as she was going to sit there. Na-Ri thought it was dangerous since Choi Myung Hee was right there. The trial was going to start soon though so she reluctantly sat next to him.

She could feel his eyes piercing through her, but she did not want to make eye contact, so she looked at Jun Woo.

Vincenzo sighed. "Lilia, why are you avoiding me?"

She glanced at him then looked away. "I haven't been avoiding you. I've just been busy."

"Why aren't you taking Cha Young and I's phone calls then? Are you out?" He asked her.

Na-Ri scoffed. "I haven't talked to you in days and the first thing you ask is if I'm done helping you." She turned her head to him. "What kind of friend are you?" she mumbled.

"Are you out or not?"

She scoffed again, "Yes, I'm out. My boyfriend's on this case and I don't want to go against him." Na-Ri crossed her arms.

Vincenzo noticed that when she crossed her arms, her sleeve went up and saw the rope's bruises. Na-Ri looked down and pulled down her sleeve.

"What happened, Lilia?" He asked in a serious tone. He started getting angry.

"Nothing." She glanced at Jun Woo and saw that Choi Myung Hee was staring at her. She tensed up.

"Cosa vuol dire niente? Hai dei lividi sul polso." (What do you mean nothing? You have bruises on your wrist.) He took a deep breath. "Ti ha fatto Jun Woo?" (Did Jun Woo do that to you?)

She immediately looked at him and answered, "Cosa? No, non mi farebbe mai del male." (What? No, he would never hurt me.)

"Allora, chi l'ha fatto?" (Then, who did?)

"No one. Now be quiet. The trial is starting." She shushed him.

The judge came in and they all rose. He walked to his seat but then slipped on the wet floor. Na-Ri heard o's and ah's throughout the room. He got up and sat down and so did everyone else.