"Finally, on a more disquieting note," Dumbledore continues. "At the request of the Ministry of Magic, until further notice, Hogwarts will play host to the dementors of Azkaban, or until such a time as Sirius Black is captured."

Whispers immediately spread throughout the Great Hall. Castor looks towards the Slytherin table, but Pollux was staring down at his empty dinner plate a frown on his face.

"The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now while I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities... a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt, and the one who gets in their way. Therefore I must warn each and every one of you, to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one remembers to turn on the light." Professor Dumbledore passes his hand over a candle seated on his podium, putting out the flame. He then passed his hand back over it again, lighting the candle once more.

Once Dumbledore seats himself at his throne-like chair, the feast appears on the tables. Castor piles her plate high with green beans, mashed potatoes, several juicy porkchops and downs maybe a few too many goblets of pumpkin juice. She can't resist a few slices of treacle tart, a dessert she'd only been introduced to since coming to Hogwarts but has quickly become her favorite. She chats happily with the newer first year beside her, talking about the classes that were her favorite and trying to be welcoming. Cho Chang asks her if she's ready for Quidditch this year, and if she's nervous about taking her O.W.L.s, to which Castor responds that she's not too worried about them. Eventually she finds herself speaking with Luna Lovegood, one of Ginny's friends, who asks her how her summer was.

Pollux, on the other hand, can't decide if he wants to move tables or simply ignore the bratty blonde a few seats down from him. While he is proud to be a Slytherin, and he enjoys feeling close to his late mother in her old house colors, while he's civil and polite with his roommates in his dorm, Pollux Jones despises Draco Malfoy and his 'better-than-thou' attitude he inherited from his father. The Jones boy knows it's all for show, knows it's just Draco trying to appear cool and important, but Pollux can't wait for the day when he'll grow out of his pompous act. And it's only made worse by Pansy Parkinson, an equally bitchy 3rd year student, who constantly hangs off his arm as she sneers at everyone who isn't in her inner circle.

Pollux, this time, decides he just going to move, grabbing his dinner plate and glass of pumpkin juice, walking past his sister at the Ravenclaw table, and squeezing his himself between Fred and George. The Wesley twins eagerly accept his presence, and glare harshly at the other Gryffindors who look uneasily at the older Slytherin boy in rival house colors. Pollux ignores the withering stare sent his direction by Professor Snape.

When the feast is over, and the leftover food disappears, the Head Boy and Head Girl from each house lead the new students to their new dorms. Pollux laughs as Fred and George make a remark about Percy's over-inflated ego. He follows his two best friends for as long as he can, until he has to turn and make his way down the stairs towards the dungeons, waving to his sister as she makes her way up the stairs with them.

"So what's this I hear about you and Pollux being teacher's assistants this year?" Fred asked.

"It's O.W.L. year, aren't we busy enough as it is?" George laughs.

"Professor Dumbledore requested that we assist in DADA and Care of Magical Creatures." Castor huffs as she climbs the stairs. Every year she stuffed herself full at the opening feast, and every year she regretted it the minute she had to begin her climb to the top of the 5th floor to her common room. "I'm actually really excited. Hagrid probably has some really interesting stuff planned."