10 | The Best I've Ever Had

Start from the beginning

I FUCKING KNEW IT.

"So if this wedding was real and shit, you would have invited me?"

"Well no fucking shit. You're my best friend for fucks sake. Is this the only reason you came. To ask why I didn't invite you?" He looked at me before bursting into laughter.

"Maybe..." My voice trailed off when the same heels started coming down the stairs.

"So, if this isn't real. Let me have a hit at her."

"She's literally your sister-in-law." I looked disgusted then sighed.

"Then let me just get all those images and dreams out of my head." I said defeated.

"You're disgusting. You might be my best friend, but that don't mean I won't beat your ass."

"What's up with the crutches?"

"Long story."

"I've got time."

"Yeah, well I don't."

"Yeah, whatever." I got up from my seat at the sight of my sister-in-law.

"Dickhead. Beautiful woman." I grabbed onto her hand laying a kiss on the back.

And then I dismiss myself, leaving walking towards the door.

"You seriously only came for that?"

"Yup." I smirk walking out of the house.

"BECAUSE I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!" And get in my car, driving towards the gate.

~~~

Mateo's POV:

I on the couch of my office, while Arabella sits on my office chair filling in the paper work I'm meant to do.

"Arabella."

"Hm." She hums in response.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened with you mother." Her head snaps up, looking at me with sadness. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I just think, in order to grow our relationship. It's best if we talk things through." I've never been one to comfort someone, but I'd be lying if I said I've never craved it myself.

I wanted someone to care for me, ask me about my problems. Listen to me, when I need them to. But growing up, no one ever does that.

Because the reality is, it's everyone for themselves. And that's what has stuck with me through everything.

"You saw everything that happened. There's nothing to explain." She answers quickly.

"Why'd she do it?"

"She wanted me to do better." She gives me a sad smile before returning back to the papers in front of her.

"Do you think I'm a good wife?" The confidence she had before the showing of her mother wasn't there anymore.

She was scared.

She didn't talk back to me anymore. One of things I liked most about her. She didn't bother arguing with me, even when she was clearly wrong.

"What?"

"Do you think I'm a good wife?"

"The best I've ever had." I said sarcastically trying to lighten the mood.

She lightly smiled before going back to the papers.

I groan feeling a sting in my leg, as I hit the side of me leg on the couch.

She rushes towards me, crouching gripping onto my leg.

"Are you ok?" She looked worried.

"See. The best I've ever had."