Chapter 4.

The next morning, Ada was stood on the stage facing her students. Hecate was right beside her as always. 'Girls,' she started. 'We have a very exciting announcement to make. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy are going to be coming to stay at Cackle's for a few weeks while their school is having a renovation of sorts.' There was an immediate outpouring of excited chatter, all except from the distinct voice of one Ethel Hallow, who could be heard saying, 'isn't that school co-ed? My mother won't be happy when she finds out!'  Other voices then started to pipe up after Ethel's.

'I heard they used wands.'

'I heard they have at least ten different subjects.'

'I heard their kitchens are run by gremlins.'

'They're house elves, stupid,' an unidentified voice corrected.

'SILENCE!' shouted Hecate.

Ada waited for the girls to quieten down before she spoke once again. 'There is going to be some radical changes happening, which I hope you girls will take in your stride. For the students at Hogwarts to fit in, you're all going to be taking extra classes. I want you to look at this as an opportunity girls. An opportunity to learn a different variety of magic.'

After Ada had finished talking, she briefly wondered how Albus was getting on with breaking the news to his own students.

~

Many miles away, in the Scottish Highlands, Albus Dumbledore was stood in front of his own twenty students and eight staff, ready to inform them about the upcoming changes. 'Due to the damage the castle has suffered, we've had to make alternative arrangements and because of this the castle is to be evacuated. However, as you may have noticed, many of your fellow students have decided not to take part in the merging of Hogwarts with another magical school by the name of Cackle's Academy for Witches. Fortunately for you, the lucky group in front of me will have the opportunity to experience a different branch of magic that you have previously not had access to. I think you'll all agree that this will be a fantastic learning opportunity for us all.'

Hermione, who was practically jumping up and down with excitement uncharacteristically shouted out, 'does that mean we'll get to learn chanting?' To which Albus answered with an 'absolutely.' However Severus had also spat out at the same time, 'don't be so absurd Miss Granger.'

Minerva glared at Severus, who promptly snapped his mouth shut, being all too aware that now wasn't the time to get on the stern witches nerves.

Dumbledore spoke once again. 'We will be leaving at 3pm, so I suggest you all go and pack your trunks and make sure that you have your familiars with you... It has taken me ages to build the owlery in Cackle's.' And with that, he dismissed his students and staff and went to make sure he'd packed all of his own belongings, because it wouldn't do for Albus Dumbledore to forget his favourite pair of socks.

At 3 pm Albus, his staff, and his students were stood in the Hogwarts courtyard ready to board the Hogwarts Express. Albus had enchanted it to fly them to Cackle's, because as he was Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, you'd find that he could do whatever he wanted to and did, frequently.

                               ~

At 3.45 pm Ada Cackle, her staff and the students were stood on the Cackle's school field awaiting the arrival of their Hogwarts guests. Neither Albus nor Minnie had actually informed Ada of how they were going to be arriving, but she automatically assumed it would be by broom.

So you could say it was quite the shocker, when instead of seeing a mass of tiny dots on brooms, Ada instead noticed a huge burgundy flying steam train with the words "Hogwarts express" on its black nose. She turned to Hecate and noted that her dear friend looked about five seconds away from fainting again, while the girls looked on in something akin to awe.