Chapter 23

Yeji’s POV
“Chaeryeong-ah, I’m back” I said as I entered the house.

She walks out from my room. “Sit yourself at the dining table, I bought you dinner.” I said in a deep tone.

“Why did you came home so early today, unnie?” she asked.

“It’s just one hour early.”

I poured the food out on a plate and I served it to Chaeryeong.

“Are you okay, Yeji unnie? You sound like you don’t though…” she asked.

“I’m Fine.”

I sat down beside her and started to eat my dinner. We didn’t talk at all until she noticed my face.

“W-What happened, unnie?” she said in a worried tone as her index finger points at my cheek.

“Nothing.” I said in a cold tone. I know I’m being slightly rude to her, but I couldn’t help it. I didn’t want to talk about it.

“What do you mean nothing? Unnie-ah, there’s a large bruise on your cheek!” I looked at her. I could see that she’s very worried. I sighed deeply.

“Chaeryeong-ah, I don’t want to talk about it, okay? I’m really fine.” I said as I covered up my food. I’m not in the mood of eating. I might eat later. I walked straightly towards the door and I went out.

To be honest, I felt bad for being rude to her. But I think I should calm myself down first. So that I could speak to her nicely later.

I walked to the park to get some fresh air.

Chaeryeong’s POV
I was startled when I saw Yeji unnie went straight to the door and left me alone in confusion.

I’m so confused right now. She came back one hour early, she talks in a deep and cold voice, again, and she had a large bruise on her cheek.

There must be something happened. I texted Lia unnie to ask her about Yeji unnie.

Eventually, Lia unnie told me everything about the incident. I’m still worried about where is Yeji unnie though, so I asked Lia unnie if she has any idea where Yeji unnie is.

Lia unnie told me that I don’t have to worry about her. She said that usually when Yeji unnie is in a bad mood, she goes to the park to calm herself.

She also told me not to find Yeji unnie. I understand that. People need time to calm themselves sometimes, right?

Hours had passed by and I’m still waiting for Yeji unnie to come back. Then, I heard someone unlocking the door. It must be Yeji unnie. I stood up and walked towards to the door.

As the door opened, Yeji unnie showed up. We looked at each other. She looks so pale and the bruise on her cheek… Ouch, my heart hurts.

She lower her head down. “I’m sorry for how rude I am to speak to you just now. I was-” I cut her off as I went up to her and I hugged her.

“Unnie-ah, Lia unnie told me everything just now. I understand that you’re in a very bad mood. You don’t have to be sorry, okay?”

Yeji unnie kept quiet. She didn’t say anything. Seconds after I heard Yeji unnie sobbing softly and her tears were dripping on my shirt.

I kept quiet and hugged her tighter.

We stood in front of the door for quite a long time, yet I’m still hugging her until she pulled back from the hug.

“Thank you, Chaeryeong. I felt better now.” she smiled. I’m happy again when I see that warm smile hanging on her face again. She looks beautiful.