15

You ran through the campus hall, still thinking about what Taehyung had just told you.

It was all nonsense, right ?
It was impossible that Suga wasn't real, right ?

You searched for him through the campus area. You looked at the classrooms, the studio, the cafeteria, everywhere, but you still couldn't find him. You were going out to the campus yard, to your favorite spot with Suga, but he was also not there.

You laid at the grass under the tree, feeling tired because of everything that just happened. Your mind needed some time to process everything. You closed your eyes, trying to forget everything that burdened you.

"Hi,"

You heard some familiar voice saying. You opened your eyes abruptly and saw Suga walking towards you. He sat beside you and you immediately hugged him.

"You're here. I know you're real." You said, hugging him tightly, feeling relieved, "All that Tae said is just a lie."

"Aera," Suga said softly while letting go of your hug.

"So you already know," He said again, smiling softly to you. 

His touch felt so cold. You held his hand and it felt cold. You looked at his face, he looked paler than usual. He gave you a weak smile as you narrowed your look at him.

"No..." You whispered, your eyes wet as you tried to hold your tears.

"You wanna hear a story, Aera ?" He looked at you with his smile, you just looked back at him so he continued his words.

"I always like you, Aera. I liked you since the first time I met you, at the history class I told you about earlier. You're the first and last person that has ever been nice to me. But knowing that you belong to the popular group, I know there's no chance for me, so I just buried my feelings." He said, looking at the open sky. 

"On that rainy day, when I was almost late for the class, I heard someone calling me, it was you. But then the accident happened, and I'm glad I got to save you. I know when I woke up at that time, that I was dead, I was ready to leave this world as I saw the bright light coming to me." He continued his words.

"But then I heard you calling me, I was confused as to why you can still see me. But what amazed me most is the fact that you know me. Can you imagine how happy I was that my long-time crush acknowledged me ?" He chuckled to himself.

"Long story short, as you know, we got close and I'm getting more and more absorbed into you. Turns out that you're not like what I've imagined before, I thought you're just a nice pretty girl, but you're much more than that. You're special, Aera." He said, looking at you while caressing your cheek with his fingers. Your tears fell to his fingers and he wiped it gently.

"But I know I can't be like this forever. I'm not belong here, this isn't my place anymore." He said again.

"Take me with you." You said firmly to him.

He just chuckled and shook his head lightly.

"Your time hasn't come yet, Aera."

"But I don't want you to go. Please stay here, we can be together just like we used to." You said, tried to convince him.

"We can't, Aera. As long as I'm here, I'll just hurt you." He said.

"We both know this time has to come. Don't cry Aera, I know if our feelings and bonds are that strong, we'll meet again someday, maybe in another life, or another universe." He said again, wiping your tears that fell through your cheek.

"Thank you, for these past two weeks. You're the best thing that ever happened to me." He smiled at you.

"Goodbye Aera, until we meet again."

He kissed you deeply and you kissed him back as you both closed your eyes. His body was cold but his kisses were warm, giving you a nice feeling that made you forget all the sadness in your heart. It made you forget all your fear and worries, and all the burden in your mind.

The kiss faded as you opened your eyes, and saw no one was there.

You felt a little empty, like you were forgetting something but you didn't know what. Slightly you could smell a faint smell of wet soil in the air, just like after the rain.

The smell that you always liked.

***