Chapter 2

14 years later...

"Hey Alan, I've got a GREAT idea."

Alan looked up from his tennis magazine to see the devious smirk plastered on his older brother's face. "Oh no. I know that look and I don't want to be privy to any of those crazy ideas you've got running around in that chaotic brain of yours." Alan replied, turning the page.

Gordon's smirk just widened, swiping the magazine from his brother's hands. "Wrong answer."

"Gordon..."

Gordon lifted the magazine above his head. Alan's eyes followed it and he stood up, trying to grab it back. Gordon pushed him away and galloped across the lounge, stopping by the doorway which lead to the bedroom corridor. "Come hither."

Alan groaned and shuffled over to him, peering at his watch for good measure. Gordon started skipping down the corridor and stopped outside Scott's bedroom, tossing Alan's magazine inside it like a frisbee. It landed askew in the middle of the room, and Alan scowled at his brother, who just beamed at him.

Alan rolled his eyes as he passed Gordon and on entering Scott's bedroom, paused when he saw a pile of duvet covers and blankets casually sitting by the bay window at the back of the room.

"Um... what?"

"Fort with a view?"

"What?"

"Don't be so dense." Gordon chuckled, shutting the door behind him and locking it so no other brothers could suddenly wander in and find them up to no good.

Alan caught on, his eyes widening. "You can't be serious."

"I am VERY serious."

Alan looked into Gordon's amber eyes and could tell he was being one hundred percent serious. "Oh no."

"Oh yes."

"In Scott's room?"

"Yeah, why?"

"It's Scott! He'll totally flip when he sees what you've done! And if HE doesn't, Dad will!"

Now it was Gordon's turn to roll his eyes. "Lighten up, will ya? We haven't had a rescue in weeks and I need to do something productive before I go stir-crazy."

"And here's me thinking you were already stir-crazy."

Alan received a pillow to the face.

"So are you gonna help me or not?"

Alan sighed, conceding defeat. "What do you want me to do?"

Gordon's smile widened. "Remember storm season back in 2051?"

Alan smiled fondly. "Yeah. I remember."

"I want to make THAT- but bigger."

"I gotcha." Alan found himself grinning at Gordon's determination.

Gordon picked up the first of Scott's bed covers. "Then let's get to work!"

~~~~~

Scott yawned as he crossed the lounge, a blue towel wrapped around his neck. He'd been swimming for the past hour or so and the pool had been surprisingly empty, which was practically unheard of considering one of the family was probably a fish in his past life. This was due to the fact he was almost ALWAYS in the pool and had been ever since birth.

But his fair-headed brother hadn't been in it at all that afternoon, so Scott had taken this time to sweep up his swimming skills and challenge himself to beat Gordon's impressive lap time.