Chapter 2 | BOYFRIEND?

"Hello I'm Park Jimin, your virtual boyfriend.How can I help you Emily? "

Virtual boyfriend?

I examined the phone in front of me and made sure there was no camera inside the room, cause this was definitely creepy to witness."Who's Emily?" I asked the phone, having no idea who the person he was calling was.

"Emily, are you alright?"He titled his head slightly to the right and looked confused."What happened?"

I pinched my cheek and stood from the bed,processing every word that was coming from this phone.I thought a few ways I could reply without freaking him out.

Me considering a phone app with a virtual boyfriend so he doesn't get freaked out? Who? Me.

"Excuse me,Park Jimin. I don't know who this Emily person you're referring is, but I'm Min Y/N."I replied with a soft voice and took a small breath to relax.

The man on the phone glanced at me a few times but I could see it on his eyes, he couldn't tell the difference between the two of us." Would you mind removing your finger from the front camer so I could see you, Min Y/N?"He politely asked while pointing upwards where the camera was and smiled.

"Oops sorry my bad!"I quickly removed my finger from the front camera and his gaze immediately changed when he realized I wasn't Emily.

"I'm sorry I didn't know you were not Emily, you have very similar voices so I got confused."He apologized right away and bowed,with a hint of slight regret.

I waved my hands and laughed the awkwardness away, before reassuring him that everything was alright. After all he could not see me because I was covering the camera, so it's normal to mix the voices when you cannot see who's speaking.

Especially if they're similar like ours,I guess.

"Don't worry Park Jimin, everything is alright. Would you mind explaining who you are and why you were in this room?"I asked and proceeded to explain everything." You see, I just moved to this apartment and the door was locked,but when I opened it and saw nothing I stumbled upon you... Well more like I kicked you."

Jimin was scanning every word I was saying and placed his hand on his chin,a small smile formed as he realized what was happening."I understand now, miss y/n."

He sat down on a virtual table that appeared out of nowhere and placed both his hand in front of his mouth."As you can see,I'm a program designed to be dating the owner of his specific phone.The company designed me as a demo so they could collect data and see how it would work on the real world."

I nod my head and continued listening to his story,"Emily, the person I was referring before was the previous owner of this phone. She had been a very close friend of mine and we were planning a lot of things together,but assuming by your reaction you were not informed about the project, weren't you?"He looked deep into my eyes with a raised eyebrow and crossed his arms.

I shook my head in denial and replied,"No,I didn't know about anything."As I said this, I remembered the sentence the lady from before told me and made me understand everything, every piece of the puzzle was now put in place and I finally had the full picture."Emily, said there was someone for you. I guess she was referring to you when she told me that."

"I see you've met her that's good! Then this makes my job 10 times easier, I'll cut to the chase."Jimin sighed in relief but switched to a serious mode within seconds,"Miss Y/N, you're my girlfriend for the project. You'll be here to give me advice and help me learn more about the real word,so the data can be updated and help the company.I know this is hard to understand but we will get through this together!" Jimin reassured me and gave me a thumbs up," Nice to meet you, Miss Y/N!I'm in your care."

"Nice to meet you too Jimin! Just call me Y/N!"I bowed to the man in front of my screen, while thousands of thoughts roamed in the back of my mind. First of all why did Emily leave this phone behind?Second of all, while am I the one who has to go through this without being asked and last but not least...

Why the heck did I just agree without even considering what I was going into?! Am I crazy??

Having a virtual boyfriend because a stranger decided that's how things should be and now I have to teach him about the real world and how he has to react in all situations?

And the worst part is I don't even get paid for this.