Chapter 40: Crosshair's Ending

"- Crosshair."

"I did not see that coming." Wrecker said quickly.

"Pay up." Hunter said as he held his hand out.

I sent them a look of confusion and Tech let out a sigh.

"Hunter was the only one to say Crosshair. I for one thought it would be Hunter." Tech said as he handed the credits over.

I turned to look at Crosshair and saw a smug smirk on his face.

"If I was you guys I would leave the hut in the neck few minutes." Crosshair said calmly.

"Let's go." Hunter said as he dragged the others out.

"Why do they-"

I was cut off by Crosshair grabbing a hold of my face and pulling me into a deep and passionate kiss. I let out a whine as he pulled away after a few seconds.

"Mesh'la, I hope you know I'm going to ruin you." He whispered against my lips.

"Oh force." I groaned out as he picked me up.

When we both had finally taken a brake I had a cover draped over me and Crosshair's arm around me.

"Well, I didn't expect today to end like this." I said as I snuggled into his chest.

"Are you really surprised? I mean I probably would of jumped you ages ago if you had chosen me." Crosshair said calmly.

Beep beep

I grabbed my comm and set up.

"Hello?"

"Why didn't you tell me that you chose Crosshair!"

"... hi dad." I said softly.

"When's the wedding? I'll pay for all of it."

"Dad we just started-"

"Hello Mister Bridger. Me and (Y/n) haven't got engaged yet. I want to make sure she is a hundred percent ready to be with me before I even think about proposing." Crosshair said calmly.

I smiled softly as they spoke for awhile before saying goodbye.

"Cross, I love you." I said as I smiled up at him.

"I love you too." He said as he gently kissed me.

"... but don't let anyone know." He mumbled against my lips.

I let out a laugh before he smothered me with kisses.

Time skip

"Crosshair, I have to go to town. I'll be back shortly." I said as I kissed his cheek.

"I'll be here." Crosshair said calmly.

I nodded my head and took off.

It had already been fives years and Crosshair had still not proposed to me. It wasn't a big deal, I was fine just being with him. But a small part of me wanted him to take the next step.

Okay a big part of me wanted him to propose. I wasn't getting any younger and I was scared that when I became old he wouldn't want to be with me anymore, stupid I know but I just couldn't help but to worry.

"Cross, I'm home!" I called as I walked back into the house.

I looked around and frowned as I saw that it was empty, except for a note on the table.

Meet me at our old swim place.

I let out a sigh and grabbed my swimsuit. It would be relaxing to take a nice swim. After changing I slipped shorts and a tank top over my swimsuit and left to meet him.

When I arrived he was already in the water.

"Wait long?" I asked playfully.

"Only a couple hours." He said as he held his hand out for me.

I allowed him to help me into the water and I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you." I whispered as I hugged him tightly.

"I love you too." He whispered as he kissed my forehead.

I let out a sigh and snuggled into his chest.

"I'll be right back." He said as he let go of me.

He climbed out of the water and walked over to his shirt. He pulled a box out and I watched as he climbed back into the water with it.

"(Y/n) (L/n), I have loved you since the day we jumped off a cliff together.... After I almost gave you a black eye."

"Crosshair-"

"Will you make me the happiest man and be my wife?"

I nodded my head and allowed him to slip the ring on my finger, before I tackled him in a deep and passionate kiss.