Chapter 12: Team-up

Carmen Sandiego POV
"Let's go Zack!!!" I cheer. We decided to have a friendly race since we still don't have any new leads on VILE and even with Mr No Face.

Julia and Devineaux is still trying to find a lead and Player have been offline for a few days, it does makes me worried.

Gray manage to finish first before Zack. "Aw man, it's still not enough to beat a modern car" "Hey, it's still a close one." Gray tried to cheer him up.

"Come on let's  head back." I suggest. It was a great drive, all of us were laughing and having a great time. When we arrive at our headquarters, we were still laughing until "I know right...woah!" Zack stumbled upon something. "What the?" And he pick up the package.

"What's this?" And read the note on it out loud "Call this number immediately if you want to know how's Mr Bouchard. Wait Player!".

Without a second to lose I grab my phone and call the number. All of us are holding our breath "Hello, finally you call" I recognize the voice.

"Where is Player!" Shadowsan shouted. "Calm down" than the voice changes. "You guys!" I could hear the excitement on his voice. "Player! What did he do to you?!"

"Actually nothing really" "WHAT!" All of us can't believe it. "Yeah I'm fine,see" he turn on the camera. Showing him in a showroom or something. "Turn off the camera" Mr No Face said at the background.

"We'll see you tonight. Don't go anywhere. Oh and please prepare something to eat as well, it would be nice" and the call ended.

"Who does he think he is, asking us to prepare dinner for him" Zack complaint. Ivy smack the back of his head "ouch!" "Seriously, you more worried about that?" "What?"

While they were arguing "Do you really think we can trust him?" "I don't know but we're doing this for Player!"

Player POV
He took his phone back and then pointed the car in front of him and the dealer nodded. "Come on, they'll about to prepare the car."

~Later that night~

When we arrive, Carmen was already waiting for us. She even wear's her red coat. I step out first "Oh my gosh are you already!" "I'm fine Carmen"

"Shall we get down to business?" He's voice interrupt us.

Carmen Sandiego POV
"What do you want?"I ask. He pulls out something from the car "here" and handed me a sword.

"Wait this is?" "Yes it's the daisho"  Shadowsan confirm. "What are you playing" Gray threatened him with his electric baton. "Calm down" Mr No Face ordered while pointing his stun gun at his stomach.

Gray look at me waiting for my decision. "I want to make a deal." Both of them lowered their weapons. "You see, we share the same enemy." He said once we sat on the couch.

"VILE." I guessed. "Correct, so they did a huge mistake and I want to take revenge." "What mistake did they make?" I gulp waiting for him to answer.

Than we got a suprise, he took off his mask! "They try recruiting me as their fifth faculty but I declined." "Wow, why?" We ask. "I know what they want. They want the money I have to rebuild VILE. And also they kidnapped my partner" his expression change "Nobody get away if they touch her!" he said coldly.

"Give us a moment" I request. We huddled together "Can we really trust him" Zack questions. "Maybe" "Come on guys this is our best chance to finally end VILE" Gray tried to convince.

"How about I make it more interesting" all of us turn our attention to him. "My real name is Harrison. You guys can call me Harry. Once this mission is over. I will retired. I'll stop becoming a master thief. And I'll even give you the stuff I stole to you. Well what's left"

A smile appear on his face "it's a bargain isn't it. Come on, don't you want to meet your mother again Carmen?" "How did you..." I smiled "I did my research."

We look at each other and all of them nodded, saying me to accept it.

~Later~

It's not even a few hours that we agreed and we're already on our way to England.

Both Zack and Ivy admiring the view from the sky. Player is playing video games in his laptop and Shadowsan is sleeping, guess old age is starting to get to him.

"What model is this?" Julia ask while still admiring the luxury jet. I'm still suprise that both Julia and Devineaux manage to arrive on time.

~Earlier~
"HEY WAIT UP!" Devineaux shout's while his head stuck out from the drivers window. "Calm down!" Julia scream at him.

~Back to present~

I smiled remembering that moment. "It's a Gulfstream G700" "Bet you bought it with stolen Money!" Devineaux suddenly accused.

He yawn "Hey I'm serious!" "Sure you are." He said in sarcastic. " You really think I could afford this £75 million jet if I just steal some items?" I was surprised. "Wait, so are you saying you have a different income?"

He simply answer "Yes. I have a business" "You have a business!" Zack suddenly shout. "Shush, can't you see Shadowsan is sleeping!" Ivy smack her brother head. "Sorry" he whispered.

"Anyway, yes how else you think I hide the money?" "What industry are you into." I said interested.

"Well I have an Investment company and a 5-star Hotel. But most of my money is from the Investment company." "So...." Julia was about to ask some more questions but was interrupt by the pilot "We arrive at our destination. Prepare for landing."

It was already the middle of the night. Most of us are already tired. When we step out of the jet, two luxury SUV is already waiting for us. A 'G Wagon' if I'm correct.

Harrison POV
"So this will be your car." "Really!" Zack got excited. "Anyway, you guys need to wait. My car haven't arrived yet."

Than all of our  jaw dropped, except for Shadowsan but I know he's impressed too. "No way! A Bugatti La Voiture Noire. There's only like 10 of this in the world. The most expensive car!" "Yeah yeah, we should get going."

He drive in front of us, so we just need to follow him from behind. Because Player is sitting next to me "Hey, how did he managed to bring you" "Hmm? Oh yeah, he's man came to my house and told my parents I won a trip to England or something." "So they just allowed it?" He thought a moment "I don't think they believe it first but than the guy shows them the 'prize money' so maybe that made my parents think it's legit"

  It was only a 10 minutes drive. "What are we doing here?" I ask.

"Remember I said I own a 5-star hotel, well here it is. Anyway, we're getting some rest. It's almost 1 in the morning and it's an hour drive to my mansion."

The hotel is amazing, the room we're going to stay is the top floor, literally. "So this is my suite, the whole floor."