chapter 9: Dealing

Hello everyone It's me, I know, it's already been 3 weeks the last time I updated my story. The reason is because of writers block..... fine I'm gonna be honest, I lost my motivation on making it anymore. But I'll try to finish it the best I could.

Carmen Sandiego POV
(At the gym training) It's already been 4 months since the failed attempt on capturing and now we haven't heard anything from him.

~Flashback~
"Damn it, he got away!" I was mad about it. "Player can you trace the back account that he use." "I'm on it"

It took a few days before he finally got something "Looks like there a lot of money being donated here" I was surprised on the discovery.

"You sure about that?" I ask to make sure. "Yes Carmen" "That's all?" He sigh "Sadly yes, he immediately close the account on the same night. This is all I got from it"

I sigh "Very well"

~End of flashback~

Every time I remember the incident my punches got harder. "You will hurt yourself if you continue doing that" I heard Shadowsan from the door.

I laid one last punch on the punching bag before I walked up to him. "I know" "Come, they got something" and he turns around and walk away.

I stood there "Wait!" I have to catch up to him.

"So what's the news" I ask.  "Look at this" Gray turn on the flat screen TV, showing a CCTV footage I guess.

"This is a CCTV at China" he explained. I then recognise the people in it. "Yes, it's them Carmen. Dash Havor, The Troll, Le Chevre, El Topo, The Driver and...." I cut him off "Tigress"

"What are they all doing in China?" Zack question. "We don't know yet" answer Gray.

"Looks like they'll be teaming up because their all went inside a car with the same direction" Shadowsan observe.

"Than, Let's go to China!" I said.

~Landed~

Once we land, we got out and immediately go to hotel. When we arrive, I didn't waste anytime and start finding information about them.

Harrison POV
"I'm really that glad you guys accepted my request." I said while walking up to them. 

"Well you made an offer that we couldn't reject" Tigress said in her arrogant tone.

I snap my fingers a few times and a few of my bodyguard appeared. "They'll escort you to where you gonna stay, the plan is also in the room. So remember your role" I explain to them.

"What about you? Why aren't you the one telling us." I heard Havor complaint. I answered it simply "I have business to attend to" and I walk out.

Carmen Sandiego POV
"We can't find their location" Said Julia. "Hey Carmen, maybe you should contact that small girl again" Shadowsan suggest.

I sigh might as well since we have no clue "Hello Xifeng" "Carmen!? I didn't expect we would contact each other again." I didn't waste anytime "The thing is. Is your father having any important stuff related to gold?"

"Why?" She ask. "You know me. We do this to keep it safe." She sigh "Well, he is meeting with someone." "Continue" put my phone on speaker mode so everyone can hear.

"He's here to make a deal with my dad on the gold that he will be investing." "When is it?" I heard her tapping her fingers "Tonight and I will be there as well but I don't know what's the name or where is it."

I was surprised at that "How?" "Well he's the one who choose it" "Find we'll just follow you from your home"

~At the restaurant~

I wanted to do it alone but Shadowsan insist me to at least bring someone. So I decided to bring Gray. "You know red is not my colour" he complained about the suit I gave him.

"Hey I'm the leader" and he punch me playfully. Then I saw Xifeng and her father arrive, they were surrounded by bodyguards because of her father position as a banker.

Gray POV
I Watch them walked in and was seated not far from us. His daughter is facing us and nods at us when she noticed us.

~earlier ~

Nobody POV
Carmen and Gray manage to meet Xifeng. "Take this, we will hear your conversation from it" Carmen handed her a earrings that has a speaker in it.

~Back to present~

Gray POV
The door suddenly open and it reveals a young man in a expensive suit. He have a few bodyguard with him. The girl father raised his hand.

Signalling where he is and went to his table.

Carmen Sandiego POV
Me and Gray listen closely on their conversation. But unfortunately we didn't heard anything important while they were eating. Then we heard "So do we have a deal?" Once they done with their food.

"It's an honour" and the mystery person stood up.

Harrison POV
I stood up after finishing the deal. "Sorry to cut this short but I have some other business to do." I excuse myself.

Then I offer him "Maybe we can catch up at the auction?"

He laughed "Sure" I chuckled "Here's the address for it. Make sure to keep it a secret, though. Goodbye Mr Li" and I walk out.

Once I was outside, my car is already waiting for me. My bodyguard help to open the door. I thanked him before I go inside.

He's daughter look suspicious, I thought to myself.  "Sir, where to?" I snap back to reality. "Oh sorry, back to the hotel please" I ordered.