Stuck up Pom Poms

After lunch Deena said her goodbyes to her friends and little brother and headed to her 5th period. She had 6th period with Simon and Kate AND it was her last class so for once she was much more excited Math.

"Welcome Deena! so glad to have you in my class this year" Mrs. Garcia greeted Deena at the door of her 5th period. Mrs. Garcia had always been one of her favorite teachers and having her a teacher made this class a bit okay.

"Thanks Mrs. Garcia, do we have assigned seats?" Deena questioned "No sweetie just take whichever seat you'd like" Quickly after Mrs.García said that Deena could hear the footsteps of at least 10 students arriving at the classroom.

She sat down towards the back of the class like usual. This year Mrs. Garcia had organized the seats in pairs of two and Deena felt bad for whichever sucker that had to sit next to her. She didn't bother to pay attention since history was always something she could quickly learn at home. to be fair she was a quick learner so it never interested her to pay attention.

"um is this seat taken?" Deena looked up and was met with a gentle look of the girl she had seen earlier. Sam. She noticed every other seat was taken. she hesitated before taking her backpack off the seat Sam had asked for. "all yours" Sam was no longer in her cheer uniform and now wore something much more casual but it still screamed "pretty white cheerleader".

she sat down and took out her notebook then searched for something near the bottom of her backpack. Deena thought for a second of things she could look for but if she's being honest she really didn't care. 

"sorry...but do you have a pencil?" Sam queried "hm let me check" Deena knew she had another pencil but was unsure if she should help out someone like Sam, what if she's just like the rest of the cheerleaders and the moment she's back with her posse she acts like a bitch. Knowing that Deena remembered the music she had heard coming out from Sams earbuds earlier.

"here" Deena muttered, Sam took the pencil quickly and whispered a small "thanks". Mrs. Garcia was busy talking and Sam didn't seem all to interested in the subject either. "so you know Kate right?"  Deena was trying to make conversation with Sam, not because she wanted to but more because she didn't get Sam.

Sam seemed more closed off then the rest of them and Deena didn't get why she was, not that it disturbed her i mean Deena was more closed off at times too but not with her close friends. Maybe if she found out who Sams friends were she could see how Sam really is.

"yea Kate...she's ok." Was all Sam said, "well she's better then your other stuck up friends" Deena grumbled not realizing her grumble was definitely more then a whisper but come on just 'ok?' has she SEEN the rest of the cheerleaders. "they're not my friends" Sam deadpanned. "really? then who ARE your friends?" Deena interrogated. "none of your business." Sam voice raised a little and Deena had backed down with the questions

Deena and Sam stayed quiet the rest of the period . Deena was obviously annoyed because it turns out even someone who listens to the pixies can be a jerk! surprise surprise every white cheerleader is the same! She thought.

When class ended Deena couldn't wait to get out of it and Meet up with Kate and Simon. "Hey little lady! how was class?" Simon wondered. "it was terrible and Kate you were wrong. Sam is also a bitch" Deena insulted. "wow okay well she must've definitely done something to piss you off but i honestly thought she was cool at cheer practice, other then the fact that she didn't say a word during it at all." Kate reckoned.

of course. she didn't even talk during cheerleading practice, that's why Kate assumed she was a bit better then the rest. "welp once she talks she's just like the rest of the pom poms" Deena commented. "disappointing but now we have to head to class! let's get this over with cause i'm sadly no longer high" Simon whimpered.

class wasn't as boring with Simon and Kate, nothing was. Ever since they became friends it was like they were platonic soulmates. Getting drunk in the middle of the night since Deenas dad was in the car passed out after getting drunk himself and Josh was deep asleep in the basement.

And then every Saturday going to eat at Kings which is a fast food place and after they'd just go to the park at night sometimes swinging until they're no longer high on whatever Simon had brought that day.

Everything was better with them and funner.