Watch This

Quentin's POV

I've never had the balls to do what I'm doing right now. Standing next to a guy, a killer actually, and being personal. It is then that I notice what I am doing. I pull back from it. He's blushing dark red, almost like blood. Kinda fitting if you ask me.

"Do you like my mask heh?" Jed asks, anxiously. I nod, also blushing and nervous.

"I made this awkward didn't I?" I ask.

"No, no, not at all" he says, reassuring. I'm finally letting my mind focus on everything about him. He smells so good which is shocking. It's a sweet smell, almost like the Christmas cookies I used to have when I was in the normal world. It's now that I realize his knife as well. It is a hunting knife, with a silver blade, so sharp that just looking at it could cut you.

"I wonder what Meg would be saying right now heh" I say. This makes him smile and laugh a bit.

"She'd either be a fan girl, or flashing her boobs" he says.

"You heard her say that?!" I ask in shock, laughing.

"It's pretty hard to not hear the word boobs in the middle of a silent raining forest" Jed says. We both start laughing louder now.

"We should get out of this basement, don't ya think" Jed asks. I nod in agreement.

"Sounds like a plan" I say.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan" he smirks. I smirk back. I'm being real flirty with him. Where the hell did I get this confidence from.

"Wanna see something cool?" Jed asks.

"Yes sir" I say as if I'm in the military.

"Watch this" he says as he finds a log nearby. He throws it up in the air, turns to me and winks. I start blushing and he keeps eye contact with me as he throws his knife, splitting the log in half, and having it fall perfectly into his holster. I am legit lost for words.

"And you don't do that to survivors skulls why?" I ask, shocked that he doesn't use such a talent.

"It's hard to explain. The best way to put it is we want to be fair. Other than that, I just do it when nobodies looking to tree logs" he says, shrugging as if the talent is nothing.

"Well it's cool as hell. Maybe do it to David or Ace. They're the biggest dick heads to exist" I say, realizing I just outed my fellow teammates to be murdered brutally.

"Haha, I'll keep that in mind" Jed says looking at his boots.

"I think it's time you get going sadly. I don't want others getting suspicious. If I don't see you for a while, please try to stay alive. You and Meg have immunity from me. I'm not sure others will do the same" Jed says. I hide the sadness since I want this to last. I want it to last like this forever actually. Just him and I.

"I'll try my best haha. So... are you gonna kill me?" I ask suspicious but also a bit scared. He laughs a bit.

"I could never. Follow me, I know where the hatch is. I found it when I was hanging up a fellow survivor of yours. I laugh a bit.

"Yeah, Meg is my only real friend. Everyone else just thinks I'm weird. I'm cool with that though. I'll live... well sometimes at least" I say. This makes Jed laugh.

"Try to live all the time. Follow me" he says, and starts walking towards a shaded area. I starting hearing a gust of wind. The hatch.

In front of us is the hatch. I don't want to jump in it though. I don't want to leave yet. I want to stay with Jed, right here, right now.

"Well, I hope I see you soon again" I say, looking him in his eyes. He smiles.

"You will, I promise" he says. This makes me smile. He nods his head towards the hatch.

"Stay alive cutie" he says. I turn so red. I think I give the color red a new meaning.

"I-I'll try" I stutter. I walk towards the hatch, and get ready to jump in until he stops me.

"Danny" he says. I look at him confused.

"My real name is Danny" he finishes. I love that name. It fits him so well. I smile.

"I'll cya soon then Danny" I say smiling. He smiles back to me.

I jump into the hatch and I'm back at the camp fire.