as san stares into those hopeful eyes that are looking right back at him, he feels as if he's been put into a trance when he walks over to wooyoung, wrapping his arms around his torso and resting his head onto his chest. the younger holds onto san's waist in return, nuzzling his face into his golden hair.

after a few moments, san leans back a bit, delicately brushing a few strands of hair out wooyoung's eyes. "we-we'll be okay. we have to be, d-don't we?"

"we will be okay, no matter what," wooyoung says, nerves evidently calming down as san contently smiles at his words. and for a moment the younger forgets about the pair of eyes inspecting their intimate behaviour, his hand reaching out to san's cheek.

but before wooyoung's fingers can make contact with the smooth skin, san holds onto his wrist, shock written all over his expression. "w-wooyoung, what are you—"

"wooyoungie~" kyungmin huffs, arms crossed over his chest and eyes squinted in observation as he steps closer to the two boys. "why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend?! i thought you trusted me, you say you do all the time!"

san's grip on wooyoung's wrist loosens, mouth agape in surprise, whilst he blinks furiously a few times to make sure he'd heard correctly.

"k-kyungmin, i- u-uhm..." wooyoung trails off, looking at the older for something — anything, even. san just gives him his usual warm smile and reassuringly nods his head, slipping his hand into the latter's, which prompts him to continue, "how would you feel i-if san was my... my, er, boyfriend? w-would you be okay with that, or...?"

"yeah, i'd be okay with that, i like san-ssi a lot!" kyungmin makes grand gestures with his arms to express how much. "and if you are together, that means he can come over all the time!"

"i guess you're god's favourite, then, because san and i... we are dating."

"i knew it!" kyungmin yells, punching his fist in the air victoriously, causing san to giggle at the child's cuteness.

then, slightly startling the three boys, a deep, and somehow honey-like voice comes from below them, though still being loud enough for them to hear, "kyungmin and wooyoung, my sons, we're back!"

the youngest of them gasps excitedly. "have fun, you two, i need to see if mom bought my cheese sticks!" and with that announcement, kyungmin dashes off, door slamming shut behind him.

san almost immediately brings his gaze back to wooyoung, the widest grin sitting on his features as he brings his hands to his boyfriend's shoulders. after bringing san's body closer to his own by his waist, wooyoung raises an eyebrow questionably. "what? why are you so smiley all of a sudden?"

san shakes his head, smile never fading. "i'm just proud of you, that's all."

"of course that means a lot to me, darling, but we've still got to tell my parents." wooyoung chuckles, leaning forward, nose now brushing against the other's. "i'm sure that'll go well, too... we can't get our hopes up just yet, though, you know?"

"who says?" san grumbles, hands finding their way behind wooyoung's neck before intertwining his fingers.

"i say, that's who." wooyoung closes the gap in between them to gift san with a short, open-mouthed kiss. "but it'll be okay, just like i've said a hundred times before, yeah?"

"mhm... we should go down now, shouldn't we? i mean- i would love to stay with you up here and hide away from the rest of the world forever, but i think it'd be best if we got this over and done with..."