four

"hyung..."

san stands by the end of chanhee's bed nervously as the pink-haired, who's laying over the duvet, picks up his head from his phone. now that he has the older's attention, san finds it even harder to find the right words.

"uh, could i—"

"this is about the party, right?" chanhee questions, glancing back down at the device in his hands.

nodding his head, san starts to pick at his fingers. "i was wondering if—"

"you want me to help you pick out an outfit, don't you?" chanhee knowingly interrupts him for the second time.

again, san nods, but this time with much more certainty. chanhee grins, throwing his phone besides him, before pulling himself out of bed. he grabs san by his wrist, and drags him towards his wardrobe. opening up the grand doors, chanhee's eyes briefly scan over the array of clothes. "do you have anything in mind?"

"about that, um... i-i wanted to- can i borrow one of your skirts?" san asks shyly, voice escaping as something close to a whisper.

chanhee gasps, smile only widening. "of course you can, little choi! is there any one in specific that you'd like?"

"not really. i-i don't really mind. honestly, i just wanted to try one out, and see if..."

"see how you feel in it?" chanhee finishes for san, earning a bashful nod of the head from him. "go sit and i'll find one that i think suits you best, is that okay?"

willingly obliging, san hums as he slumps down onto his bed, which was right besides chanhee's. he glances at the wall, the clock telling him that it's close to turning 6pm. the party starts at seven, meaning that the boy has at least an hour to be ready — more than enough time, since all he needs to do now is switch into a more suitable change of clothes.

suddenly, amidst the comfortable silence, chanhee calls out, "san-ah! come here for a second."

perking up at the latter's voice, the blond quickly heads over to him. all chanhee does is look san up and down for a moment, before nodding to himself in confirmation. his fingers brush against the fabric in his wardrobe, shortly halting on a piece of clothing he thought would be perfect.

san observes the checked, white and pastel blue skirt that chanhee pulls out; if he believed in love at first sight, there would've been no better time to quote a line from a sickeningly cliché romance film.

"can i try it on?" san instantly asks, catching chanhee off guard for a second.

"go, go, but come back quick! i wanna see!" the pink-haired squeals as he places the material into san's arms, ushering him to the bathroom that's joined to their shared bedroom.

san shuts the door behind him, holding the skirt up into the air, only now noticing how the colour of it is the exact same as the letter that he received a few days prior. the same letter that he stuffed into the pocket of his school bag for whenever he might need to hear those words again.

the mere thought causes the blond to smile.

hearing chanhee's impatient voice shouting for him, san hurries to pull off his sweatpants, before slipping the skirt on and up to his petite waist. peering out slightly first, he pushes the door open and steps into his room.

"ah, sannie, you're so adorable!" chanhee is practically jumping in excitement when san enters, and though the blond loves seeing him so happy, he grimaces at the loudness of his voice.

"thanks, hyung. but, please, for the love of god, quieten down. i don't plan on going deaf anytime soon."

chanhee just rolls his eyes, before turning back to his wardrobe. "whilst you were changing, i found something i thought would go with your skirt pretty well."