"i'll try," replies san, before averting the subject of their conversation, "i can't believe we have a fucking project for the second time this term."

yunho hums, before snorting. "but, you've got to agree with me, the last one wasn't that bad."

"maybe because you were my partner, and you insisted that we use as much rainbow as possible for our presentation." laughing, san shakes his head in disbelief at the recollection.

"i hope we can work together again. that was really fun."

"me too. i doubt it, though, since mrs kim despises us now," san points out, as he scruffily writes down his name on the sheet of paper in front of him.

"who cares? mrs homophobic can take her ass elsewhere for all i ca—"

"jeong yunho and choi san!" none other than mrs kim's loud, exhausting voice rings through the room, creating the blond to flinch, whereas the blue-haired boy just rolls his eyes with no care in the world. "since your conversation is more important than your education, why don't you share it with the rest of the class?"

san glances at yunho, who somehow gets the gist, and speaks up for the both of them, "we were just discussing our plans for the project."

"there's no need for that, because, differing from your previous project, i'll be choosing your partners this time," mrs kim informs them all, pointedly glaring at san and yunho.

simply the idea itself causes san to sigh in disappointment, as he rests his head onto his desk once again. however, he keeps his ears open whilst mrs kim blabbers on about the details of the project, before moving on to how she'll be picking the pairings for it. "i have a spinning wheel on my laptop with all of your names, which is going to determine your partners. got it, everyone?"

"yes, mrs kim!" the students chant, although none of them are in sync; instead, their voices just overlap over each other's, rather unsatisfyingly.

"starting off, we have..."the smart board at the front of the class displays the colourful spinning wheel, and san apprehensively watches the handle rotating. "...lee gahyeon!" mrs kim announces.

the girl ends up being paired with song yuqi, which causes the pair to giggle in contentment. the same cycle repeats, over and over again, all while san crosses his fingers that he won't be partnered up with someone who isn't fond of him.

shortly there's only four names remaining, and as if it's all one big coincidence, they consist of san, yunho, a boy named haknyeon, and wooyoung.

anyone but him. please, please, please, the blond internally begs, eyes squeezed shut.

san can't bare to look as the wheel spins for the nth time that day, so averts his gaze to his lap, fiddling with his fingers. "jeong yunho and..."mrs kim begins, san praying that his name is called. "...ju haknyeon!"

no.

san's mouth gapes open slightly, unable to process the predicament he's in, the rest of the students' reactions certainly not being any more positive than his own. standing up from his seat, yunho attempts to approach haknyeon, yet san holds onto his wrist to stop him.

"yun... i-i can't—"

"you'll be okay, sannie. i'm only a few seats away," yunho assures softly, before leaving a quick peck on the other's forehead.