Nine

Its been a couple of days since Bella learnt the truth and that Kaleb had announced that Bella was coming over making Jessamine Whitlock Hale glare. 'You did what?" She asked as Edward quickly grabbed his mate. "You know that she had no rights in knowing unless she is a mate. I know you like her, but you left for a week because of her scent."

"She's the one, Jess."

"Fine, but when all this turns to hell, don't say I told you so."

Edward watched his mate leave making everyone look at him. Jessamine wasn't happy about this and there was only one person to get her to calm down. "Edward, go to my sister."

"Why me? You're her brother."

"Yes, but she needs you." Jasper said. "I would go, but I think she needs you more than what you think."

Edward looked at his brother in law and left. Jessamine needs him and that was all it took for him to go to her.
~~~
"Jessamine." He says as she looked at him. "I know what's bothering you and I want you to know that you can do this."

"No, I can't." She tells him. "I know I can't. Her scent doesn't help my thirst and I try my best..."

"Jessamine Whitlock, I know you better than anyone. You have me." Edward tells her as he went to her side. "I'm here to prove that you are strong. Stronger than myself." Jessamine looked at him. "Baby, if it helps, I'll prove to you that you are strong enough to tolerate Bella's scent. Please."

Jessamine looked at him knowing he was telling her the truth. She is strong, but she did't think so. Nodding her head. Edward smiled as he walked over to her and kissed her head. "Thanks."

"I'll be right there to prove to you that you are strong."

She nodded as she took his hand. Edward smiled as they walked back towards the house. "Why did you come instead of Jasper?"

"He thought you needed me the most." He tells her. "You are my mate and half of the time you prefer me over your brother in situations."

"I need him too." She tells him. "But I think he was right. I need my mate because I don't think I would have listened to my brother or anyone. Its happened before."

"Yeah."

"Edward, have you ever thought if life was different that we could have our own child?"

Edward looked at Jessamine and already knew his answer. "Yes." He tells her. "I have thought about what you asked and its something that has been on my mind for a long time. I would love for us to have children."

Jessamine smiled as the stopped in front of the house. "There are days I don't regret this life because I got to meet an amazing man." She says. "I love you, Edward and meeting you was the best thing that could happen to me. Being a vampire doesn't bother me as it brought me you."

Edward smiled as he looked towards the house. Hearing Kaleb with Bella had him looking back at Jessamine. "Let's ditch." He said. "I want to be alone with my mate."

Jessamine smiled as they walked to the car. Jasper smiled as he was glad Edward was keeping her mind off of being a monster. They know she's not, but she's stubborn just everyone in their family. "Where's the other two?" Kaleb asked.

"Spending time together and plus its none of your business." Jasper said as Bella and Kaleb left. "He doesn't know the danger he just put us in."