seven.

LIZZIE'S POV

I wake with a start, the buzzing of my cell phone on the nightstand pulling me from my slumber. 10:30am. Shit. Was it really that late already? The events from last night pound behind my eyes, no doubt a result of the 2-4-1 beer special.

"I had a lot of fun tonight Y/n." I giggle lightly as the ground beneath my feet seems to waver and I grab onto Y/n's forearm for stability.

"I can see that." She answers slyly, clearly a lot more coherent than I, as we stop just outside my sister's Brownstone.

"Just admit it. You had fun too." I snake my arms around her waist pulling her to me. I nuzzle into her neck kissing lightly along her collarbone. She giggles as she tilts her head toward the sky, giving me better access.

"I don't know, I may have to see you again just to make sure." She rests her hands on each one of my cheeks tucking a stray hair behind my ear. My eyes lock with hers as she bites her lip to hide her smile.

"Oh, that can definitely be arranged." She snakes her hands around my neck and I take that as my cue. Closing the distance between us. I press my lips gently to hers reveling in their softness. My hands slide into the back pockets of her jeans as the kiss deepens.

Her fingers tangle roughly through the hair at the nape of my neck. Loosening my messy updo even further. Her tongue sweeps delicately across my bottom lip and I grant her access immediately tasting her for the first time. She takes my bottom lip between her teeth and I groan as she places her forehead to mine, catching her breath.

"Baby steps." She breathes against my lips and I can hear the nervousness return to her voice. I brush my thumb along her cheek willing her to look at me.

"Baby steps." I whisper placing a tender kiss on her forehead as I release her. I fumble with my keys partly because of the alcohol and partly because I don't want to say goodbye.

"Goodnight Elizabeth." She stares at me through her eyelashes and something deep in my gut flutters as my full name falls from her lips. I hook a finger in the hem of her shirt pulling her to me again.

"Say it again." I whisper against her lips and a bubbly laugh echoes on this deserted New York street. Finding her confidence again, she tilts her head so her lips hover just above my ear and my name falls from her lips once more. She takes the tip of my ear between her teeth and I writhe beneath her coming further undone every second I spend with Y/n.

"Text me when you get back to your dorm please." I state and she hums in agreeance leaving one final chaste peck on my lips before she's gone from view.

"Hello?" My voice is thick with sleep as I rise to my feet trying and failing to keep the room from spinning.

"Lizzie, it's Tom. I need you're help with a lesson today. Can I borrow you?" There's an edge to his voice I've never heard before. Almost as if I've upset him.

"Sure Tom, yeah. Send me the lesson and I'll look it over." I fumble over a pair of sneakers making my way to the laptop on my desk.

"Cheers Lizzie. Class is at 3. Don't be late." The shortness of his tone keeps me on edge. "Tom is everything-" the line goes dead before I can finish my question.

I hardly have time to process Tom's mood as an email comes across my desktop. It's the lesson plan from Tom. Opening the email I notice the lack of subject line. The body of the email also holds no text, just a pdf attachment at the bottom. Maybe he's in a rush. I open the attachment relived to find the screenplay from the series finale of 'WandaVision' with the final scene between Vision and Wanda highlighted. This could be interesting.