十七 fears.

‎‎

‎‎

𝕮𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝕾𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝖋𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝖋𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.

‎‎

‎‎

"WHERE IS MY SISTER?" yato said through gritted teeth. it had been a day and so many things had happened. yet the existence of yato's younger sister was not found.

he didn't have any other ideas where you could be other than if it's something to do with the enemy. y/n was just the kind of person, to stop a fight in secret, make peace and move on.

the older niwa felt stinging on his left leg from the pressure that izana had pushed on him. yato refused to fall without knowing where you were, fighting his strength out to force an answer from izana.

salty and metallic blood he coughed out, feeling even more pain in his abdomen from the previous punches izana gave.

"hm. you managed to damage me a little. impressive and expected from a martial artist. but you won't last long if you keep your sister above your pride," izana smiled.

"shut.. up, fuck face. y/n is my pride!" yato shouted, forcing himself to stand up, his braids running loose from his hair tie. "now where is she!?"

izana sighed. "you really are desperate to get her back, huh? don't worry. she's with her friend, limping together with him among us," his violet hues looked around before stopping at a point. "up there, watching everything go down while she feels despair at what her hands and legs cannot do."

before he finished speaking, yato ran to where izana's eyes were locked, catching a glimpse of y/n's face looking down while she lifelessly sat atop a cargo.

there were still obstacles in the way, so yato had to beat them up with whatever strength he had left. for chifuyu helped him, telling him to get her to safety.

when yato managed to climb up the cargo, his eyes watered at the sight of his sister. helpless and there she laid like a ragdoll, eyes filled with such darkness, so much that anyone could drown in them instantly.

beside y/n was the male izana talked about, he who also laid there, big and visible wounds all around his chiselled upper body.

y/n's hands were ruffling with kaoru's hair, fingers wrapped around his hair as if she was trying to sooth and calm him down. or in a way, she was apologising but couldn't find any other ways to do it.

even in situations like these, she refused to let out tears. which broke her brother's soul even more.

yato walked to her, taking a seat in front of the two, as y/n's eyes slowly moved itself to look at her brother. very slowly and timeless when it widened before resting low and empty.

"i'm sorry. i couldn't help and protect you and your friend," yato struggled to said when he felt tears flowed down his cheeks like a waterfall. "please, forgive your brother."

she watched as he kept apologising, kept bowing and kept muttering the same words over and over again. to her, it was getting annoying, so she extended her hands out and wiped away the salty tears of her brother.

he froze and looked up, seeing some life come into her eyes. it was the eyes of sadness. the only time he saw her sad was when their mother died. afterwards, y/n swore to yato that she would never be sad ever again.

but her e/c eyes with gloss broke her character instantly.

she was crying, bottled up tears flowed uncontrollably. her life up until now had been a journey, memories formed at the most questionable ways.

regrets and vengeance was all she had. and the sight of her brother pathetically apologising and crying right in front of her made her sick to the stomach.

sick to the stomach about the entire idea of involving with something she shouldn't be involving, and to retract her fear of izana was no different.

the idea of his threatening words, and the empty feeling of emma ceasing to exist. she could feel it all, and she regretted ever feeling it all and for being so weak, for being noticed by a future criminal that would turn her life into a living hell.

at least . . .

she was doing everything for the one she loves.

yato cupped her hands on his cheeks, feeling her the warmth of her embracing him.

her body hurts, its sore. sore and tired from the constant defense she kept giving kaoru as she watched him sacrificed himself to be beaten. her screams and shouts, as she was helplessly forced to watch him suffer in place of her.

it was too much to handle. yet when she embraced her brother, everything felt nostalgic and old. she felt as if it was her mother she was hugging, her soft and kind presence.

her bright coloured hair that was so beautiful, passed down to yato who held extreme beauty. everything felt safe in his arms. it was a timeless moment, just when a familiar presence emitted from under the cargo.

y/n didn't pull away from yato, but she knew the fierce presence belonged to mikey.