Chapter 1.

Albus Dumbledore was having possibly the worst day of his life and he'd fought Gellert Grindelwald so that was saying something. But as he stood and studied the ruins that used to be his beloved school, Hogwarts. He honestly couldn't think of anything worse. He turned and looked towards his Potions Master, Severus Snape, who was also studying the damage with a blank look on his face.

'I think we might have to evacuate, Albus. The repairs on the castle will take weeks, possibly months depending on the number of house-elves we have working on it,' drawled Severus.

Dumbledore's face took on a tired look and his lips pulled into a frown, he sighed. 'I'm afraid you may be right, my boy. I believe we should gather everyone in my office and discuss how to move forward.'

Severus gave a short nod and made to walk away before he apparently thought better of it and turned to Dumbledore once more. 'I'm correct in assuming the perpetrators will be punished?' he asked with a slight sneer.

Dumbledore's blue eyes twinkled for a brief few seconds before he chuckled lightly and answered with, 'of course, Severus, don't you worry. It's up there on my to-do list, right after we discuss our options on evacuation.'

Severus felt pleased with that information and knowing a dismissal when he heard one, nodded once before replying. 'Well I shall gather the staff and meet you in your office,' and with that he was gone.

Ten minutes later, Dumbledore was sat in his chair at his desk, while the rest of his office was occupied with a number of his teaching staff. Pomona Sprout, the Herbology teacher and Head of Hufflepuff house sat on a crimson coloured sofa with Filius Flitwick, the Charms teacher and Head of Ravenclaw house on her left and Remus Lupin the DADA teacher on her right.

Severus Snape, who taught Potions and was also Head of Slytherin house, stood to the side of Albus' desk with Minerva McGonagall, who taught Transfiguration and was also Head of Gryffindor, stood on his right.

There were a few other teachers scattered around the room that included, Madame Hooch the flying instructor, Professor Trelawney who taught Divination, Professor Binns who taught History of Magic and also happened to be a ghost and Rubeus Hagrid, a half-giant who was the groundskeeper.

Dumbledore cleared his throat, which was the cue for his staff to stop talking and pay attention to him. Once he was happy they were listening, he started talking. 'I regret to inform you all, that the damage the castle has suffered tonight appears to be extremely severe. It could take anywhere between a few weeks and a few months to fix it, and it's with that unfortunate news in mind that I have decided that Hogwarts will have to be evacuated.'

Almost immediately his staff started to quietly murmur to each other. He caught a whispered, 'where will we go?' From Pomona to Madame Hooch, who was stood behind her where she sat on the sofa. Remus was talking with Filius about informing the student's parents and Professor Trelawney was mumbling something about tea leaves and bad omens in the general direction of Hagrid, who seemed to be in deep thought so probably didn't hear a word she said.

In the end, it was Minerva that spoke up addressing Albus. 'I think I may know someone who might be able to help. I have a cousin who runs a magical school, you might have heard of her Albus. She's called Ada Cackle and she's the Headmistress of Cackle's Academy for Witches. I can send her an owl and ask her to set up a meeting, unless you have arrangements already made?'

Dumbledore had heard of Ada Cackle. Her school was located in the country somewhere, in the southeast of England. If he remembered correctly, there were possibly three other magical schools located in Britain. He didn't know much about the other schools, as magical communities tended to keep to themselves and some weren't as big as others. He was almost certain that one of the schools was called Rectangle's and notes how odd of a name that is. Then again,  his school was called Hogwarts, so who was he to judge.