Chapter 6 💚🪐

Y/n POV:"Spence-" "I'm sorry

Y/n POV:
"Spence-"
"I'm sorry. Was that too much? I-" he began.
"No no Spence" you gave a small chuckle. You stood there for a second just taking in his presence. How his eyes seemed to sparkle in the moonlight and his hands on your hips seemed to elicit a warmth. So you leaned in and kissed him with more urgency this time. Spencer automatically fell into this kiss with a smile on his face, your lips moving together. You stayed joined together for what felt like a lifetime until Spencer noticed you were shivering. He rubbed his hands up and down your arms to warm you up before he took a step away from you and linked his fingers with your hand.

"Let's go inside" he said with a soft smile. You nodded your head and followed him inside. When you walked into the house you gasped a little bit.

"What's wrong?" Spencer said to you.

"I don't have any other pyjamas" you groaned whilst looking down at your rain soaked jumper and pants. He looked down at your clothes, his eyes lingering a little bit snapping back up when he realised you were watching him.

"Uh- I uh brought an extra set of pyjamas if you wanna borrow them" he said scratching the back of his head. Your eyes beamed at his statement.

"That would be nice" your teeth starting to chatter. He grinned at you and pulled away grabbing his bag from his room. He handed you a plain white shirt and a soft pair of sweatpants.

(A/N Fun fact: in Australia we like to call sweat pants- tracky dacks. Or at least that's what we say where I live)

You thanked him softly and changed in your room. As you pulled on the oversized shirt and pants you couldn't help but remember the way your lips moved against his. It was almost like it was the most natural thing in the world. The craving you had for his lips was rising. The tension of it thick like a rubber band. You wanted him.

But then your breath began to quicken as you remembered your PhD. Could you truly give Spencer yourself if you weren't going to be able to give him all of you at this time? You bit your lip and fought off the waves of anxiety. You wiped at your face even though no tears had fallen, the sinking feeling still heavy in your stomach. You took one last deep breath and grabbed your book that you had started reading the other day and opened your door. You walked out and caught Spencer standing in his doorway his eyes lighting up at the sight of you. You began to blush a little bit, the feeling in your stomach lessening.

"I was just gonna go read in bed now" he said shifting his weight, his eyes glancing at you like he had more to say. You felt a little bit relieved at that because maybe you could really think about all of this alone. But then the feeling of rejection seeped in and bleached your thoughts.

"Oh, okay!" You said forcing a smile. You went to turn back to your room when Spencer finally spoke up again.

"Um- do you wanna sleep in here- uh... at all?" He asked looking down at his fiddling hands.

"Can I talk to you first?" You asked looking up at him.

"Y-yeah sure" he said with concern. You dropped your hands, your book falling next to your leg. You took a deep breath.

"Where do you stand with...us?" You asked fiddling with the fabric of your pants. He looked up at you confused.

"What do you-"

"Like that kiss. What do we do about it- where do we go from here?" you asked not wanting to meet his eyes. He looked a bit taken back.

"I'll do whatever you want me to do. If you want me to take you on a date, I will. If you want to forget that this ever happened and remain friends than I will" he said softly. Your eyes fell on him and you smiled weakly.

"I want you Spence. I really do but with my PhD... I'm gonna be completely focused on nothing but that for the next 3 months and I don't want to half ass a relationship that I actually really want to work. Spencer... I really really like you. Like a lot. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew and end up hurting either of us" you looked down and rubbed your forehead, feeling tears start to well up in your eyes. You felt a hand cup your cheek, Spencer's fingertips pulling your chin back up to look at him.

"I completely understand. Y/n you don't have to worry about me. I just wanna make you happy" he whispered to you. You placed a hand on top of his and turned your face into his palm that rested on your cheek smiling softly. He pulled you into a hug and he looked down at you stroking your back softly.

"How about for the next few months we don't put any labels on it so you don't feel like you have to focus on anything other than your PhD. But after that I take you on a date if your still interested in me" he spoke softly to you.

"I would never ever not be interested in you Spencer Reid" you said giggling to him.

"That sounds perfect. Thanks Spence" you said leaning your head into his chest.

"Oh and also, I really like you too Y/n Y/l/n" he said smiling goofily at you. You smiled up at him as he connected your lips for a soft kiss. His hands wrapped tightly around your waist. You felt so warm and secure, it felt nice to be wanted by someone. To be wanted by Spencer.

"Come on. Let's go to bed" you said pulling away from his kiss. He smiled at you, taking your hand and closing the door once you were in his room. You climbed into bed, your back against Spencer's chest, his chin resting on your shoulder and the crook of your neck, hands wrapped around your waist. Once you had finished reading for the night you reached over and turned off the light, turning yourself around so that you faced him. You cuddled up to his chest, the warmth feeling right.

You couldn't believe that he would officially be yours in a couple of months. Spencer was actually going to wait for you. And you fell asleep contently.

A/n:
I actually have the whole story planned out but I'm just struggling to find time to write it with work and school ramping up. Get ready for the next chapter I'm so excited to write it! Thanks for waiting like more than a week for this update lollll

- Trini 💚🪐