Chapter 4: Haircut and Valac Clara

It was a quiet and peaceful after the storm named Sullivan had barely left to work at Babyls, after making Irumi promise to spend time with him if he finish all his work by the end of the day. Opera was vacuuming the floors of all the rooms that are commonly used in the mansion (those that wasn't commonly used is kept clean with the auto keep spell), while Irumi was left sitting on the couch with a small brush in her tiny hands as she slowly and gently brushed the fluff off the feathers of her pet companion, Sora who is perched on the couch next to her.

Soft chirps of comfort emitted from the bird's beak as he enjoys Irumi's attention, making Irumi smile.
Although it came to Sora's attention that Irumi was slightly distracted from their daily brushing session, since Irumi was using her free hand to desperately rub her fringe that was poking and irritating her eyes. Sora gently used his beak and try to brush his master's hair out of her sight, just like how she always brushed his feathers. But upon seeing how the hair falls back into place where it covers Irumi's sapphire eyes, and irritating Irumi, Sora make a loud alarming chirp as though he was trying to get Opera's attention, which the Feline demon quickly obliged and dashed into the common room where the duo are at, thinking that Irumi was in danger.

"Irumi-sama? What happened?" Opera asked as he bend down to Irumi's eye level after scanning the room for potential intruder.
"Itchy...." Irumi whined as she pouted in a cute manner, and her tiny hands bundled into small fists as she rubbed her irritated eyes.
Seeing the sight, Opera could only chuckle inwardly while his face remained emotionless. "Irumi-sama, Your bangs have grown out a little too much. We should get it cut. Shall we go to the hair salon?" His question quickly earned a quick nod from the girl.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Irumi was walking down the shopping district, her little hand was holding onto Opera's while Sora perch himself on Opera's shoulder, letting the feline demon lead and guide them towards a hair salon for children.
Most regular hair salons do not accept request to cut the hair of children, because they can be troublesome and are always all over the place. Things will never be done with them around. And thus there are salons open specially to cut children hair.

Pushing open the door of the salon, there was only 3 pairs of parent-child, but the place was chaotic. The parents sat at the parent area, not even caring that their children flew around the room chasing each other, because they know that is the nature of children. Theres nothing they can do.
"Jazzy! Gimme back my game! I know you took it!" A boy with blonde color and black zigzag patterned hair shouted as he chased the black haired boy named Jazz.
"Nuhuh! Lied, I don't have it, I gave it to Clarin!" Jazz grinned towards the boy named Lied while pointing to the green haired girl behind him who is chewing on the said game console, making Lied gasp and started chasing the girl instead.

Noticing Irumi's presence, the green haired girl quickly threw the drool covered console back to the owner, before she pounced onto Irumi, her sharp jagged teeth biting at the soft, fluffy blue hair of Irumi, making Irumi blink in confusion.
"Clara's name is Clara! Clara's right foot is Connor and the Left is Murf! Clara's brother is Urara! You know! Clara came to cut her hair with mommy! But then there were so many friends Clara got carried away! Neh, do you wanna be Clara's friend?" The girl suddenly started introducing herself, all the while still chewing on Irumi's hair. Opera wanted to step in but he decided that its no harm for Irumi to make her own friend, which is why he placed a hand on Sora's head, calming him down in case he flew off and hurt the other girl.
"I-irumi.... that's my name... C-clara-chan, you should not bite on people's hair... Here, take this." Irumi said before she put her hand in her pockets to pull out one of her favorite strawberry milk caramel candy that Opera have always placed in her pockets when she head outside the house.

Seeing the candy in Irumi's hand, Clara's eyes sparkled and quickly release herself from Irumi's hair to take the candy. "Does this means Irumi-chi and Clara are friends now? Can we play together?" Clara asked, her tail standing up straight, happily surprised.
"Ung! But Irumi have to cut her hair first before we can play! Its making Irumi's eyes itchy..." Irumi said while giving the girl an affirmative nod, making the girl happily hug her.
Irumi obediently went and sit on one of the salon chair, and Clara followed to sit on the one next to Irumi. The hair dressers quickly took the chance and cut the 2 girl's hair. To their surprise and also the parents' surprise, Irumi was very quiet, and barely moving as she let the hair dresser work with her hair, while on the other hand, Clara is trying her best to stay put like Irumi, although she was wiggling a little in her chair, she wasn't flying and running around any more.

"All done! Since you both were really good girls, We made the extra effort to make you look pretty!" Both the hair dressers said to the 2 girls as they completed the hair dressing. Irumi's long hair was tied in a ponytail, it is decorated by a strand of her own hair which was braided and wrapped around the base of the pony tail, her fringe is now shorter and just reaching her eyebrows.
While Clara's hair was tied in a twin tail that was tied in the same fashion like how Irumi's single pony tail was tied.
"Irumi-chi! We match!" Clara squealed before she ran between her mother and Irumi to show off her new hair style.

Irumi smiles happily at her new energetic friend while nodding her head in agreement at everything Clara said, their little hands holding tightly as they walked in front of the Valac Mommy and Opera, who were discussing about the tips and tricks in taking care for their little toddlers.
The 4 of them were walking together since they realized they lived nearby, the Valacs were living in the forest near the Sullivan Mansion.
The Valacs pair dropped off Irumi and Opera at the mansion before they left for their home, after Clara made promises with Irumi to properly play again.

"Irumi-channnnn, where did you go?" The loud coddling voice of Sullivan could be heard as he ran down the hallway to meet the pair that just returned
"Irumi went to cut her hair! It was fun! Irumi Made a new friend!" Irumi said just as her grandpa picked her up, seeing that her grandpa is listening attentively, she continued to talk about her little trip out today.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Irumi, made an eccentric, energetic new friend, Valac Clara.