Chapter 2: Let Me Stay With You

After Delkira had become the Demon King, and Irumi had settled down in Sullivan's Manor, she was sad that she was separated with her father, although she understand that it was because he had to work. In place of her father, she now have a doting Grandpa and a loving caretaker who takes care of her and play with her. Delkira do come over once in a while to play with her, and  sometimes Sullivan would bring her to the Babel Tower when they have to hold their occasional 13 Crowns Dinner, just like today. With the facade that he is showing off his Granddaughter, but in actually he just wanted to let Delkira have as much time as he can with Irumi. It would be selfish of him to just watch Irumi grow up.

Delkira missed out so much of Irumi's growing up, how she learned to help Opera set the table for meal times, how she learned to dress herself without the help of Opera or Sullivan, how she helped tend the garden, but cried when she realized she had pulled out a seedling instead of a weed. Irumi was only 3 but she had already learnt to have compassion for others, be it demons, creatures or plants.

"Delkira-sama" Sullivan said, gaining the attention of the king who is playing with his daughter in his private chambers as he watches her climb on top of a little ball, rolling on top of it with her tummy, while her little new developed wings flapped happily, although her wings are too young and weak to fly, she wanted to show off to her father, her new feathery wings, something that is rare in even Demons. Regular Demons have black leathery wings that look like bat wings. However, her wings looked like something that was of the Realm of Angels. except it was black. It suited her.

"There was an invitation from the Asmodeus family for Irumi-chan to join a tea party, as my granddaughter of course. As a Noble, a royalty even, She is now at the age where she should have her Social debut. Do you think that would be alright if she joined?" Sullivan asked the demon king.

Delkira froze for a little. 'Asmodeus, The family of where the Lady of Lust, Asmodeus Amaryllis is the head of. She is also a member of the 13 Crowns, She wouldn't know about Irumi being My daughter, would she? As much as I want to protect Irumi, She needs to step out in the world out there one day. It would definitely be of help for her to grow up normally as a regular noble Demon, Su-chan's Granddaughter.'

"I left her in your care. I believe you would protect her if anything happens at the tea party." Delkira said, while his large hands gently caressed Irumi's cheeks before she giggled and her tiny chubby hands reached up and grip on her father's hand, clinging her small body off of the large hand. Suddenly, her hands slipped and every adult in the room froze at the sight, Opera gasped as he thought the child was falling but he was too far away to catch her. He tightly shut his eyes and was embracing the thud that should be heard when she fell. None. He thought that maybe Sullivan or Delkira would have caught her, so he opened his eyes to look at the scene. Oddly Irumi's tiny wings flapped urgently, it was not strong enough to make her fly, but it was strong enough to help her flutter down to stand on the floor safely.

"O-Oh my Devil! Su-chan! Did you see that? I-Irumi can fly! My Daughter is such a genius!" Delkira almost burst into happy tears as he was able to see such a formidable milestone of his daughter.
"I-indeed Delkira-sama! Its such a pity we didn't capture it on camera!" Sullivan said as he picked up his granddaughter, who looks at her family, before burst into a fit of giggles at the atmosphere, her little tail swishing around showing her emotions. She was happy.

A few days later...

"Irumi-sama, Which dress would you like to wear today? We will be going to your first official tea party where you will have your social debut. Its an important day today so I would like to assist you in looking your best today." Opera asked as he pulled out a few formal dresses that he thinks would look good on Irumi, although he knows she looks good in everything.