𝘓𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨

Everyone in the group sat down to eat an unusual lunch. Their table, usually abuzz with chatter and laughter, was eerily quiet for the first time. Some of them weren't in the mood to be cheerful for various reasons, and the atmosphere reflected their somber moods.

Chaeyoung tried to lighten the mood by suggesting, "Who's up for clubbing tonight?"

"Me!" Dahyun exclaimed eagerly, quickly followed by Nayeon and Momo, who were equally enthusiastic.

"You know what? I'll come too." Jeongyeon said, raising her cup of iced coffee in agreement.

However, Tzuyu couldn't hide her dissatisfaction with Jeongyeon's laid-back demeanor and sudden interest in clubbing.

"I'm sorry, Chaeng, but I'm not feeling well," Sana spoke up quietly, her voice strained with coughing.

It was evident that she wasn't lying; her pale complexion and frequent coughing indicated that she was genuinely unwell. Despite her condition, Sana had made the effort to attend class, showing her dedication to her studies.

"Are you okay, Sana Unnie? You look like you just got out of the freezer." Dahyun asked with concern as she approached Sana.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." Sana reassured them, though her coughs betrayed her words as she pulled up her sweatshirt to cover herself.

"I'm taking you back to the dorms right now because you're obviously sick." Jihyo declared firmly, standing up to collect Sana's belongings. "And I'm not going to take no for an answer." she added, determined to ensure Sana's well-being as she guided her out of the cafeteria.

As Jihyo and Sana left, Mina observed them quietly, her eyes filled with genuine concern. Sana was usually the healthiest among them, boasting the best immune system, so whenever she fell ill, Mina paid close attention. Despite her typically reserved nature, Mina had always held a soft spot for the Minatozaki girl.

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung announced their plans for the evening, organizing their clubbing excursion for 7 pm. She mentioned that since her car was currently being repaired, they would be borrowing Mina's car for the night.

"Actually, I'm not going." Mina declared suddenly, standing up and grabbing her purse.

"I have to leave. Have fun, you guys." she said hastily before making her exit from the cafeteria, leaving her friends puzzled by her sudden departure.

Mina's mind was preoccupied with worry for Sana as she drove around town, stopping at various stores to pick up supplies. She couldn't shake off the feeling of concern, prompting her to return to the academy dorms.

Jihyo was struck by Mina's quick entrance as she was leaving Sana's unit, with the latter almost running up the stairs. Their crash was inevitable since one was not paying attention and the other was distracted by her phone.

"That hurt a lot, Mina!" Jihyo groaned, rubbing her forehead.

"Don't blame me, you were texting while walking down the stairs." Mina retorted, helping Jihyo to her feet.

"Are you here to see Sana?" Jihyo inquired, noticing Mina's urgency.

"Good. No need to knock; the door is open." she replied with a smile.

"How come you didn't lock it? Someone could get in." Mina began, but Jihyo interrupted her.

"I didn't lock it because I knew you'd come here." she explained with a knowing grin, walking away as Mina rushed into the hall. 

With concern weighing heavily on her mind, Mina quietly entered the serene unit, tiptoeing into the living room, where she found Sana curled up on the sofa under a blanket.