Seven

I wake up with a terrible headache. I feel dizzy. I'm not in my nook. I look around to find a sleeping Scar next to me. "S-Scar?" I ask quietly.

His eyes flutter open. "Yeah?" He asks groggily. I gulp.

"What am I doing--erm--here?" I ask nervously.

"Well, you were beat up pretty bad, so..." I nodded gratefully and tried to smile. He stares at me and I stare right back. Until right now, I always thought his eyes were brown. But they were a beautiful shade of green and hazel.

He gets out of bed, and he's shirtless. He has scars all over his back.

I scan him until I find a tattoo on his arm that says something in another language.

He quickly slips on a dark grey shirt and a pair of black jeans. I get up slowly, my body aching. I wince but continue walking towards the bathroom to check myself out. My face is completely swollen, and I have a black eye.

"Oh my god..." I whisper. What did they do to me?

He nods. "There's no class today. You can stay here or you can walk back to your room." I nod.

"I'll go back to my room." I say firmly.

I walk towards my room and wince with every step I take.

<><><>

The party.

Everyone is talking about it. It's supposed to be the best thing ever. For the students only. And an exception of instructors.

I just took a hot shower, and I am wearing a low-sleeved black dress the goes to my knees. Liz insisted I wear eyeliner and I head to the heart of the city with her.

My hair is curled and I wear my gold heart necklace. I am walking to the building.

The doors are opened and I step inside. Instantly I smell the strong aroma of alcohol. I have never had it before.

I look around to find sweaty bodies on the dance floor and people grinding each other. I crinkle my nose at the sight and head to the bar.

"What should I get?" I ask Liz. "It's my first drink."

She thinks for a second. "Get the lady over here a cherry vodka mix." Liz says with a smile.

I grin and pick the cup up. I bring it to my lips and drink it. It burns my throat, but the cherry tastes so good. I smile and finish it fast. I lick my lips. "I'll have another please." I say. My words are a bit slurred. The man hands me another cup and I drink it again. I have another cup and I feel so good. I am not stressing out at all.

Liz and I are giggling. "I...wanna...Dan." I giggle. "Oops. I mean danccce." I say slowly.

Liz laughs and I rush into the dance floor. "Woo hoo!" I yell over the music. I laugh and dance some more, feeling happy and free. I search the room and find Scar. I walk over to him.

"Hey Scar." I giggle. Scar is a funny name. He furrows his eyebrows at me. "Are you drunk, Kayla?" He asks.

I smile. "Maybe I am. Stop being such a bossy pants and come dance with me. You're so mean and bossy. Haha. Why is your name Scar?" I slur my words.

He stares at me. Then he turns back to his group of friends. I smile and run off to the bathroom. "I need to pee really bad." I sing to myself.

I am waiting outside the building in line. I feel dizzy and like I am going to throw up. I place a hand on the wall and close my eyes.

"Hey there pretty lady." I hear a voice ask me. I open my eyes to find a boy around my age, stumbling around.

He walks toward me. "Why don't you come dance with me?" He asks, his words slurred. "No thanks." I say.

He grabs my waist, and I try pushing him away. "I said no!" I say, frustrated. He pushes me towards the wall and blocks my only exit. I start shaking. "No, no I don't feel that way towards erm you..." He leans into me, trying to kiss me.

"No I don't want to!" I yelp as he kisses my neck. I kick him, but he is strong. "No!"

I tense and push him away. He stops kissing me, but he is still wrapping his arms around me. I am shaking. "N-No!"

"She said no!" A voice growls as I feel the boy being pushed away from me. I am shaking, and I hug myself. I see Scar, and he scared away the boy. He rushes over to me. "Are you okay? Did he touch you?"

I bite my lip and say, "I-I...he kissed me, a-and I said n-no--"

He wraps his arms around me and hugs me close. I rest my head on the crook of his neck, letting a stray tear fall. "I-I was so scared..." My voice cracks.

He nods and puts his hand on my back. I feel nauseous suddenly, and I lean over and throw up. Scar holds my hair back as I empty my stomach. I wipe my mouth with my hand.

I stumble to my feet, and I'm met by those green eyes. I stare at him.

Then the world starts spinning and I hold my head. "I think I'm gonna faint." I say as I fall in his arms and black out.