On the Same Team

Ever since I snapped out of the fear that was controlling me since I was turned into a demon, I had become a lot stronger. Sadly, I got to a point where in some instances I had to be inhumane, but it was the only way I could test out certain abilities. Douma even let me practice some on him, since he didn't mind sustaining damage.

I had created a thick fog that cleared the memories of demon slayers momentarily, as soon as they smell it and with Douma letting me test it out on him, it proved that it had slight effects on demons as well.

I was also able to produce streams of blood that are sharp enough to cut through demon skin, which Douma was very impressed with.

"See! I told you that you had so much untapped potential!" He said to me after I accidentally tore his arm off with the technique. Of course, it grew back instantly, and he used his newly regenerated finger to tap me on the nose in a loving way.

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

"Have you thought about using your Blood demon art to stop organs from functioning properly?" Douma asked me one night when we were out walking the streets of the Red Light District.

"No, I actually haven't..." I said as I trailed off in thought. Sure, I didn't have to use it on humans, but it did defeat the purpose of all my initial techniques that I had come to create and master. But, maybe if I trained it hard enough, it would be something I could use if I ever ran into trouble with a demon that wasn't on my side.

After all, that was my main focus. There was a chance that I could potentially conquer the sun, and I knew any demon besides Douma would use me as bait to gain respect from Muzan.

"Douma, honey...there has been something I've been meaning to ask you." I said, slightly cowering in nervousness.

Douma was a powerful man, a powerful demon at that, but he never used his strength against me in anyway. He viewed me as his equal, which was something I respected a lot, yet I was always worried one day I'd upset him.

"What is it, dear?" He said as he bent his arm closest to me so that I could wrap my arm around it.

As I embraced his arm, I asked:

"Since I'm still not a target, do you mind if I make the journey to see my friends from home one more time, before it's too late?"

His soft smile slightly disappeared as he thought about what I had just asked.

"I don't see why not, I would just be worried about you." He said nicely.

I could tell he was opposed to the situation, but he knew how much I cared for the people I had to leave behind, so he was doing his best to understand.

"Well, can you come with me?" I asked, hoping that would help ease his worries.

"I can't leave the Cult indefinitely, darling. But I trust you can defend yourself now." Douma said, sending my confidence up a notch.

"Thank you, Douma. I will let you know when I plan on departing." I said to my husband.

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

After another week of training, I finally had confidence in myself to make the trek back home to see my friends once again. I wasn't worried about running into trouble though, I really didn't see myself as useful. Plus, the odds of me eventually conquering the sun were slim, so why would Muzan put all his trust in that?

So early that afternoon, I got a bag ready and let Douma know I would be gone for a night or so. I hoped to make it there and back in one night, but 12 hours of darkness goes by quicker than I expect sometimes.