Epilogue: Pool Pie

Start from the beginning

It's weirder  than you'd think. Imagine, you wake up in the middle of the night with a scraggly throat, so you go and grab something to drink. As you make your way to the kitchen you hear the faint clicking and mumbling. As the dumb one in the horror movie, you follow the noise. You then realize it's more than one voice, it's two. There's clicking and clacking, what could this be? Is someone trying to break in? Trying to break the safe. That's when you realize, you don't own a safe. Dun, dun, dun!

Okay so maybe it's not as creepy as I think, hey it's late and I'm still not fully awake when it happens! Leave me alone.

My relationship with Dylan has been stronger than ever. Since we've been dating, we've actually been a normal couple. He is not living at the house, we don't argue about huge things. I mean we have our insecurities and doubts every now and again, but it's usually all happy rainbows and chocolate covered strawberries. We also don't have the pressure of trying to stop a mastermind criminal from killing us or my family, so that's a plus. Though with school ending for us seniors in just a few months, it is becoming stressful with college. We've both been accepted to colleges but the least amount of time is two hours from each other. So we are still hoping for something closer. I'm going to get a drama major, while Dylan is going to get his masters in project management. It's a huge thing for him to be doing and I'm so proud of him for taking such a giant leap forward.

All in all, things have been going really well for us. I mean, we've had to catch up majorly with school, but it wasn't really a problem for Dylan or I. But we have helped everyone else when we could. Everyone should be graduating this year, if things go as plan..

--------------------------------

"Okay, but I am going to be making a bunch of pie. Then I am going to put it into a child's swimming pool, and swim inside of it. Are you really telling me that you want to miss out on that!?" Sylvia asked me.

"Uhm, yes and no." I said.

"But, mami! I don't think you quite understand what she is saying." Annabelle said.

"I promise you that I do."

"Obviously not. She is going to swim inside of the tub, that has fresh pies in it. Like she is putting on her bathing suit and goggles, and is going to take a dip in the pie."

"Yes, I got it."

"If you get it, why are you missing out!"

"I have a date with Dylan tonight, he said there was some important stuff we had to talk about, so can't miss out on it."

"Important stuff? What important stuff? And why are you even talking on a date? Dates aren't for talking. They are for smooching, and touching, and loving!" Sylvia said.

"I don't know what important stuff, that's why I am going!" I said ignoring her latter comment.

"Ugh kids these days, you are so frustrating! No! I don't want to stay in and watch a grown woman swim in pie! I rather go out and have a non romantic date to talk about serious situations in my life! Waah, waah!" Annabelle said.

"What was that last thing?" I asked appaled.

"What this? Waah waah!"

"Yeah that. Whatever animal noise you are making needs to stop."

"I'm not making an animal noise, that was you crying! Sylvia, that sounded like her crying, right." Sylvia widened her eyes and started backing out of the room.

"The girl can't come Annabelle, it's alright! We can record it for her, it'll be okay!" She said dashing out of the doorway.

"That little-" Annabelle began yelling.