Strange New World CH.8 Rainy Days

(Jack POV)-Aaaa..my back, it feels like I've been sleeping on sharp rocks in one uncomfortable position for several hours.It was not my best dream, rather one of the worst, if not the worst of all, but I must get used to it if I am to spend a long time here, just

*How long ?*

This question stopped my thoughts and all other thoughts.- "What if I don't come back anymore"?After all, I am not the heroic scientist of American Hollywood movies, where I suddenly get enlightenment of my mind and am able to build a time machine, even in an old truck I have a battery and some steel at my disposal.

Okay, this last description fits a Bollywood production more like internet memes, but it still doesn't change anything.There are two possibilities in my mind when I find myself here.The first one is a human experiment that got out of hand and I was transported here, which means that there may be a time machine or some other type of teleport somewhere in the world.The second option is simulation like in Matrix, although it is so stupid that I can exclude it immediately.There is also a third possibility. "What if it's Mother Nature's fault?" Previously, there were conspiracy theories about people who moved forward or backward in time several years, most often in a storm. However, such a story can be heard at most in the nature channels at three in the morning, when no one serious is watching it. I bet that even if he moved in time two years ahead and I said that I just moved in time, most certainly everyone would say that I was crazy and just ran away from home and then I would end up in a mental institution.At the moment, however, this option seems to me to be the most probable of all possible, even if it sounds absurd.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a huge rumble. It was not short and metallic, as if a tool had fallen to the floor. The sound was powerful and long, as if it was going to rain.THUNDERSTORM!.

I immediately opened my eyes and sat on my lap when I felt a single drop of water trickling down my face which made me lift my head towards the roof where I could see through one of the holes a dark sky that was thunderclouds.

However, these were not just deep blue clouds as in ordinary thunderstorms. They were practically black from the amount of water that was in them and literally poured out like from a bucket, a maximum of several kilometers away, and these clouds stretched to the horizon where their end was not visible, which means that in a few minutes the same will happen at my place.

- "For God's sake, I'm lucky". I said to myself with sarcasm as I got out of my "bed" in a flash and ran to carry all my things to the old table in the upper right corner of the room as I looked away the entrance, on which the boards were most probably cut and screwed to the floor with screws.- "Goddamn it, when I have to play online games with my friends, suddenly I don't have the internet, because either there is poor coverage or my mom is watching Netflix in 4k Ultra HD resolution, when I was at school my class had normal boring lessons and sometimes I had some random tests, but when I was not at school, it everyone could do whatever they liked because our teacher was sick or something else !"

The storm was getting closer and at the same time I was trying to cover as many of my things as possible with a waterproof jacket and tie them up while my mind invented more and more bad and frustrating memories and situations.

- "Of course, I can not have a moment of peace! If I want to watch a movie on Youtube, it will never load in HD resolution and I have to change the quality to 480p, but if I see an advertisement in the middle of it, somehow it is able to load in the highest resolution that exists and without any problems, what the hell is wrong with me ?!