He's scared of him to be exact. So Axel knows he isn't going to actually try and "punish him". The thought of his father trying to punish him practically made him laugh. The only person in the world that could punish him would be Y/n.

In bed.

Even then he would still be in control.

Y/n. 

Fuck, he knows he needs a new approach. Not about the murders (he still plans to slaughter fucking everyone), but he needs to gain her trust.

No more bullying and no more letting his little "buddies" pick on her. He wants her to lean on him. With every new death, new tragedy; she'll lean on him. Which is so much better than him constantly forcing a relationship, and all he wants is for her to tell him how much she admires him, loves him.

And to achieve that, he'll have to fucking apologize.

To Y/n, that would be easy as to him, she's the entire world. He would kneel on the ground before her if that meant she would love him. 

Apologizing to her is a piece of cake. It's someone else that he dreads.

Her brother. Her fucking pathetic, scum-bag brother. 

That night, he was wearing a mask so Ethan didn't know it was him. It truly was his plan to kill him that night but the fucker survived. Although, finally being able to puncture a knife through his body felt so good. Just letting years of built-up hatred and annoyance spill out in the form of murder (well, attempted) satisfied him beyond compare. Axel can't imagine how happy he'll be when Ethan is gone for good. 

But anyway, to gain her trust, he also has to attain Ethan's trust. 

Alas, Axel knows Y/n is suspicious of him. She is a brilliant girl so there's no surprise there. God, he fucking loves her, only the best of the best would be for him. But, he cannot have her against him. And since Axel just knows her so well, he knows exactly what will make her ease up to him.

:::

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't shaking a bit.

The guy who she thinks stabbed her brother handing her homemade apple pastries isn't exactly what she had planned for this Monday morning. With slightly shaky hands, Y/n reach out for the apple dumpling--trying not to focus on the dead stare Axel was giving her. It was kind of scary, to be honest.

"Umm, what is this for?" She didn't stutter, thank fucking god. 

"Darling, it seems I have ticked you so off bad to the point I'm wanted for murder," he winked at her, then continued, "I'm not going to lie, it hurts you think so low of me."

"I thought you hated me," she pried, trying to shake away the butterflies in her stomach from him calling her 'Darling'. Something about the way he speaks sends signals all over her nerves which she can't help but feel bad about. Her brother hates this guy's guts and he may have tried to even kill him, but here she is fawning over a word he said. What an amazing sister she is, hm?

"Oh, Darling, whatever your brother and I have has nothing to do with you. But, if I seem that gruesome to you--I guess I need to make amends. It wouldn't be good for my conscious to ignore everything," Axel continued to slyly smile, focusing on her trying a bite of the pastry he spent hours on last night. He was not a baker or a cook for that matter. But, he knows just how much she melts for apple desserts.

He watched as she slightly blushed, implying her satisfied taste buds.

Bingo.

"Well, umm, thank you? B-but a simple pastry doesn't undo years of the tormenting of both my brother and me--"

"I would never torment you. Trust me, my friends and I always argued about that shit," this left Y/n speechless for a second. The way he spoke just now--as if he was offended by what she had said.

"But your brother on the other hand is not some innocent angel. Nevertheless, all that's in the past now. Please, don't think of me as some murderer," he was--pleading? To her? Y/n never knew Axel could make such a puppy-dog face, but here he was looking down at her with begging eyes. 

Fuck, maybe she was wrong. She got way ahead of herself and accused someone of attempted murder just for the reason that her brother and he weren't fond of each other. And these apple dumplings were pretty damn good.

"Oh well, I'm sorr--"

"You don't ever need to apologize to me, Darling," Axel leaned down a bit and patted her head, giving her a genuine smile. Such a smile he would only ever show her because she was the only one who deserved his kindness. 

"Instead, invite me over to dinner. I'm certain your family isn't too fond of me either and wouldn't want me around you if I don't amend myself," Axel knew she would accept. Along with the fact that he now has implemented a sort of guilt in her, she had a soft heart and in the end, wouldn't defy him.

"Okay, dinner it is." A surge of pride washed over Axel. Nothing could keep his girl against him, and with her brother up and away in a hospital makes it so much easier. He knows Ethan will be trashing about him, but he also won't be here for much longer. And when gone, who will dear Y/n be running to?

Well, it better be fucking him.

don't we all just love manipulators

let's all hope I can continuously update this--I know this chapter was kinda boring but the next one will be better !!

Suggestions and constructive criticism are accepted:) 

See y'all next time!

Love ya