An Accidental Selfie

((Hey! I'm back with another one shot! Well, yeah who else would it be right? Anyways. Let's just dive straight into this shall we? Today's prompt is: "I sent a selfie of myself in the tub to the wrong number and you responded back with another selfie. Holy shit you're really attractive." Also this is platonic Syndisparklez! I wanted to try it out but if you want more romance just let me know!))

It started out as an accident to be honest. It was late at night on a Friday and Jordan was doing one of his favorite activities. Having a selfie war with his friend Iris. Well, that was the plan at least. Iris had recently moved out of the state, much to Jordan's disappointment but before she moved she said she'd email him her new number. However, he'd only gotten a glimpse at the number before he'd accidentally deleted it. He'd memorized it..somewhat. He just wasn't really sure whether the first number was a six or a nine.

"I mean. It's a fifty-fifty chance so.. Let's try nine."

He'd ended up making his way into the bathroom and sliding into the tub. He made some random pose that he'd probably seen from an anime and sent the picture, along with a text reading 'the selfie war will never end!'. Or something along those lines.

"Just because she moved doesn't mean she can escape from me and my amazing selfies."

He'd received a response a minuet later. It was another selfie, but it definitely wasn't Iris. 'Shit...guess it was the six then huh?' The person in the picture was a guy with blue hair (oddly enough). And Jordan's heart skipped a beat for two reasons. One: A stranger had just seen a very stupid selfie meant for his best friend. And two: a /really cute/ stranger had just seen a very stupid selfie meant for his best friend.

"Crap..."

The guy in the photo was lying down with a...lizard? No, that was definitely a lizard next to his face. He was smiling and waving at the camera. Along with the selfie came a text that said: "lol I think you've got the wrong number man, but I'll gladly have a selfie war if you're up to it!".

And that's how it started. Jordan had of course apologized and mentally hit himself at first, but over time they began to text each other more and more. It went from just sending each other relatively good looking selfies and complimenting each other as normal friends would do, to sending each other the ugliest selfies they could manage and insulting each other playfully at every opportunity. Jordan learned that the guy's name was Tom. They'd become close friends rather easily. But unfortunately, Tom didn't live anywhere near him so they couldn't meet up and talk in person. At least, not until today.

"hey loser!" A standard greeting for Jordan nowadays.

"Whats up weaboo trash?"

"guess what!"

"What?"

"u know that con thats coming up tomorrow? the one near u??"

"Yeah what about it?"

"guess who got a ticket?"

"No way"

"hell yeah! i did! im on my way there and ill be there by noon tomorrow!"

"Dude! We can finally meet up!"

"IKR!"

They'd spent the next two hours talking about what they would do when they finally met up. Morning couldn't come quick enough, in Jordan's opinion. He'd waited impatiently outside he convention center, ticket in hand for the familiar blue haired loser to pop into view.

"ill be there in a few minuets just wait outside k?"

He'd sent that two minuets ago and still not a sign of him. Jordan sighed and jumped at he felt his phone vibrate, another text. It was from Tom. And it was a.. Selfie? It was definitely a selfie of Tom taking a picture behind someone who was wearing a shirt just like..the one he was wearing now. A second later a text popped up on screen.

"check behind you nerd!"

Slowly, he turned around to see the grinning face of nine other than Tom. He was much taller than Jordan had anticipated, he made Jordan feel short (which he was, but that's not the point). Tom's grin got wider and he waved.

"Sup Jordan! It's nice to finally see you not in a shitty selfie. Finally got out of those green shorts have you?"

Jordan rolled his eyes and smiled, pulling Tom into a hug that was quickly returned.

"It's so nice to finally see you man! Now I can see how ugly you truly are." Jordan snickered making Tom roll his eyes.

"Please. The gods are jealous of this face."

"The gods must have very low standards then."

"You're a dick, Sparklypants."

"Takes one to know one Tomass."

They laughed and walked into the convention center, side by side. They spent the whole day buying things, walking, waiting in lines and taking the worst selfies imaginable. By the end of the con, they were almost completely drained of the money they'd brought and were each carried around three bags of stuff each.

"So, Tom, how long're you gonna be in town for?"

"I'm actually gonna be staying here for around three more days or so. Why?"

"You should totally stay over at my house! I've got a spare room you can use."

"Seriously? Hell yeah I'll stay over! I didn't really wanna pay for a hotel anyways."

The rest of the three days went by unbelievably quick to Jordan. Before they knew it, Tom was standing at the gate home in the airport, waving goodbye and promising he'd visit soon. Jordan hoped he would. But until then...

"Jardon goddamnt stop sending me ur stupid selfies im in public and trying not to laugh at your ugly freakin face!"

"Good"

"i hate u"

"Love you too dick"

((And it's done! Well there we go. My first attempt at platonic syndisparklez! What'd you think? Should I do more like this or should these just be romance? Leave a comment if you can! But anyways! I hope you enjoyed and I will see all you people in the next chapter! Later!))