Chapter 1

"Hey, baby, I'll be on my way home tomorrow." Scarlett said as she watched Ethan walk up the stairs of his new house in Europe. He and Mia had been moved there for their protection by Chris, they felt it was a wise idea due to everything the couple had been through three years ago. Scarlett had went to visit them, Leon insisting that she do so because she grown a strong bond of friendship with the couple after the events in Dulvey, to make sure they had settled in alright and to meet their six-month-old daughter Rosemary.

"Ok, I still think you should spend a few more days with them, if you decide to just let me know. I'm going to try and get Aden to lay down for a nap. I love you." He said and she sighed, he wanted her to spend time with the couple so she wouldn't worry about them and he knew she missed them when they had moved away a few months before they found out Mia was pregnant.

"Ok, ok I'll stay for a few more days. I know you have work tomorrow and Jill's insisted on watching Aden so I know he's in good hands. I love you too handsome." She said smiling and they said goodbye and hung up. Scarlett got up from the couch and went into the kitchen while Mia was stirring the dinner she was making.

"Looks like I'm staying for a little bit longer, Leon thinks I need more time with you all or I'll worry. Jokes on him though, I'll worry anyway." Scarlett joked as she got closer to the woman who laughed lightly. Scarlett felt that something was off with her after her snapping at Ethan but she knew they were both stressed out so she chalked it up to that.

"He loves you, of course he wants you to spend time with people you care about." Mia said softly looking over her shoulder as Scarlett got the bottle of wine out of the wine cabinet when Mia asked her too.

"I know, he also promised yesterday that he was going to take some time off while I was still on vacation." Scarlett said getting down wine glasses and setting them on the marble island countertop in the center of the kitchen while she leaned against it.

"Would you mind if I borrowed the story you were reading to Rose? I'd like to know how it ends and I promise I won't spoil anything." Scarlett said and Mia agreed as Ethan came back down. He had thought the story was creepy and Scarlett kind of agreed but it was a local tale so it seemed ok. Children stories that old were always a little creepy anyway.

"I'm sorry you have to sleep in rose's room that's all dusty and trashed." Ethan said as he stepped into the kitchen as Mia brought the pot of soup off the stove and placed it on the island, lightly tapping Ethan's hand when he went to taste it.

"Oh I don't mind, I still don't see why you guys won't let me get a hotel or stay in the local inn." Scarlett said waving away his apology with a smile.

"Why make you spend money when we have a big house, next time you visit she'll probably be in there but the full bed will still be in there." Mia commented and Scarlett rolled her eyes playfully.

"I could just sleep in the couch, or you know in a hotel." She commented making Ethan lightly tap her shoulder shaking his head with a smile, she shook her head at their insistence that she stayed with them but wasn't going to argue knowing she wouldn't win.

"Is she ok?" Mia asked her husband as she turned back to the pair after putting away some of the seasonings she had used.

"Sleeping like a...well like a baby. Mm smells amazing. What's that?" He asked as she stirred the soup or stew, Scarlett wasn't really sure, and Mia leaned to smell it. He went to touch it again and she tapped his hand to keep him from doing it.

"Hands off mister. Its ciorba de legume. It's a local recipe" Mia said with a smile as Scarlett snickered at the interaction between the husband and wife.