Worse Fears Come To Life

I tried running but my feet were frozen in their place. The Z's began to surround me as I screamed for help. The faces of people I didn't know, Rotted and bloody, began to dig their teeth into my flesh. Names flew threw my head but the only one that would come out of my mouth was 10k.

I woke with a startle. I had a nightmare but I didn't want to end there. The sounds of my sister coughing and puking up blood was what woke everyone up.
"What's happening?" I say a little louder than I normally would talk as panic began to set in. I took my sisters hand to comfort her as I pulled her hair back. Doc frowned at me, "she might have some kind of flu. It's not something you would be wanting to get during the zombie apocalypse," he turned to my sister and knelt down beside her, "Were you bitten or scratched by a zombie any time recently?" My sister hesitated as fear flushed her face, "I can't say I have recently, but when I was running for the Z's the day you found us, one ripped my shirt but I never bothered to check if I was cut or anything."

I felt like I couldn't breath. The fear of my sister turning into one of them. She's all I have left.
Doc lifted the back of her shirt to find a small scratch about 3 inches long. It was purple And looked extremely infected.

Tears started to fill my eyes. Why is this happening. How could this happen to me. I can't lose my sister. I need her. She's all I have left from before the world went to hell.

"Can you help her," I said shakey. My hands shaking and I hold them together to try and stop it.
"I don't know how. And even if I did, I probably don't have the correct medical equipment. I'm so sorry Willa."
I didn't want to believe what I just heard, "no! This can't happen!" I screamed as I ran out of the house into the early morning light. The rain had clear and all that was left was small clouds and the sound of birds. I ran until I reached the edge of the village and fell to my knees. The town had not seen any Z's for days and so I felt safe knowing I was far from anything and everyone. My tears were rushing rivers that couldn't be stopped. My body shook with fear. I felt so weak and helpless.