Dancing in The Rain

The next morning we headed out on the road again. We had collected some gas from the cars around but not enough because we ended up running out on the middle of nowhere on a dirt road surrounded by endless rows of trees.

"I guess we're walking from here until we find another car big enough for us," Mack mumbled.
We all started the trek on foot. The tree around us were tall. It felt like walking through the jungle of pine trees. We stayed on the road so if any Z's came, we had more room to move around.

As we reached a clearing, all you could see was fields and fields of long weedy grass that obviously hasn't been plowed in years. Dark grey storm clouds rumbled in the distance.
"We need to move quickly if we want to beat the storm," 10k mumbled from behind me.
"He's right, that storm is gonna soak us if we don't pick up the pace," addy said as she swung her 'z wacker' around her hand.

Without another word we slowly began to pick up the pace. By the time we reached an little village, we were almost jogging and the storm was almost upon us. Rain began to sprinkle around us, getting stronger as we stand with our weapons waiting as Warren prepares to open the door to a home. The sky glowed with a dim darkness of the clouds as the wind blew vigorously, trying to knock us over.

As Warren threw the for open, we flood into building drenched in water. The little home was cozy and had a cabin feel. As Mack began to start a fire in the fire place, 10k and o volunteered to go find towels.
"How could someone leave a beautiful home like this? It's in a small town. It's safe," I questioned as we trotted up the stairs together. 10k shrugged and looked at me interested. "Maybe they had no choice. They might have been some of the first people to go, might be why it's in suck good condition," he said quietly as he looked at the empty walls where photos once were. "If I had to guess, I'd say they left by choice."

Some doors were closed so we took precaution as we checked every room looking for a wash room. As we approached the last door of the up stairs we smiled, "you think this is a restroom?" I asked giggling. 10k just smirked and prepared to open the door. Turning the knob, i readied my knife, prepared for if something was to come out. As the door flees open, the smell of lavender filled out noses. My eyes watered from the smell of clean. Everything was perfectly clean and beautiful except for the build up of dust from the passing years of not being used. "Oh! It's so beautiful! And it smells delightful! How did the smell last all that long?" I asked excitedly looking around for what things I could find. I opened a drawer revealing racks of makeup. Top name brand makeup like Mac and too faced. I was in awe.

Obviously with no use for makeup anymore, I didn't bother taking any of it. And besides, if we are staying here a while, I might sneak back up. We gathered all the towels we would find headed back down stairs.
"Are you cold?" 10k asked watching me as we continued down the hall. I shivered at the work 'cold'.
"A little," I mumbled. He stopped me as he took a towel and rapped it around me. My heart began to beat as his hand touched my shoulder as he put the towel on me. I didn't bother looking up because I didn't want to see if he was looking at me. Instead I just looked at his chest blushing. I was fighting the want of hugging him and not wanting to let go. He made me feel safe and protected from anything.