- prologue -

NOVA BLACK loved books. Books were, in comparison to all those other aspects of life, very uncomplicated. Books weren't anything but kind and helpful. Books knew the answers she was looking for, books solved riddles, books were a soothing company in troubled times.

   Unlike people.

   No, books didn't ask questions. They never laughed at her, they never judged. Books never doubted her intentions, they weren't stuffed with prejudice. Books never hurt her.

   Unlike people.

   Nova was a quiet girl. She was taught from a very young age that she had to be. Silence was the key to safety, and safety was a rare good in this childhood of hers.

   It was not only growing up in troubled times. Nova was sure that times didn't matter, that what was happening to her would have happened to her anytime. The war wasn't that much affecting her wealthy and noble family. Nova never had to fear the threat of death for the lack of purity in her blood. No, her blood was as poor as it could be. She didn't have to fear anything, as long as she would never - never under any circumstances follow her eldest brother's lead. Sirius, the bloodtraitor. The scum. The one who left her behind before she even got her Hogwarts letter.

   Nevertheless, Nova Black was overwhelmed by fear for every second of her life.

   When Nova Black for the first time in her life took a seat in the Hogwarts Express, she didn't know that this was no escape from the misery at home. Misery would follow her wherever she would go. Seven awful long years, until Nova finally could break free.

   And still there were books. Soothing scribbled pages of soft parchment under her fingertips, word by word calming her senses, caressing her heart.

   Her father had died, and her mother had followed. Regulus was dead, and Sirius had gotten himself imprisoned. She was left alone, when she finally left the grounds of Hogwarts behind - and with it all the pain and fear, the shame and tears.

   But the books remained.

   Nova Black hadn't thought she would ever set a toe behind those thick castle walls she had fought to forget about during the past ten years, but here she was at Plattform 9¾, staring at the scarlet train in front of her with wobbly knees. Because Nova knew she was in danger, she knew it long before the old headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry had knocked on her door weeks ago. Watching the steam rising high above all those heads, Nova hesitated for the split of a second, throwing a last glance back over her shoulder, before straightened her shoulders, lifted her trunk and entered the train, unbeknownst that running from the past was way trickier, than running from the murderer.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐍 → 𝑟.𝑙𝑢𝑝𝑖𝑛
- prisoner of azkaban -

started: july 19, 2021
completed: october 7, 2021

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

information

this story is not taking place in the marauders era, but during the golden trio era.

this is a work of fiction. similarities are coincidences. the characters' words, thoughts and opinions do not mirror the author's. the potterverse and everything you recognise as part of the harry potter books / movies, such as places, creatures, parts of the plot and characters, belong to j.k. rowling.

warnings

this story will be dealing with the mentioning of dark themes as
child neglect, violence against minors, physical and psychical abuse,
as well as mature themes, including sexual actions.

There will be no more trigger warnings at the beginnings of the chapters to prevent spoilers. If you decide to read on, you agree that you've read the warnings and are willing to deal with triggering subjects as they will occure.

please do not spoil or ask for spoilers. everyone asking for spoilers or spoiling on the story will get blocked. (I won't say it twice!)

also, I ask you to be kind. criticism is welcomed, bashing on my story and characters or insulting me as a person or other readers is not. Same goes for silly accusations. You'll get reported and blocked. It really hurts me to say this, but unfortunately, Wattpad is no longer the same place as it was when I started writing here five years ago, and I don't want to sound mean with giving all this warnings, but my other stories have taught me to do so.

and last but not least, be informed that there's an age gap between my oc and the love interest by six years. they're both of age. consent is always given. if you feel uncomfortable with this anyway, do not read on. if you decide to read on, do not complain about the age gap.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Nova Black

Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

please consider to vote and comment on the chapters, to let me know you like the story — or to share critism. It really means a lot to me to know you're enjoying my writing. :)

Thank you so much!
:*