ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Start from the beginning

Elizabeth shrieks when I suddenly leap high into the misty air and then land onto one of the roofs of the houses. 

"(Y/n)!" she cries out as I continue to jump from roof to roof.

"This will be a quicker way to find them," I explain breathlessly. "In no way does the mist help us, but it is a much better view from up here than down there on the streets."

"There!" Elizabeth says, pointing at one particular alleyway where Gowther, King, and Diane are. I can't quite hear them but I can tell that Diane and Gowther are arguing with one another.

"You aren't getting away from me," I mutter as I hop off the roof and smoothly place Elizabeth on the marble ground. Raising a hand towards Gowther, I whisper, "Eternal Chains."

"What is this?" Gowther asks, panicked as ancient obsidian chains encase themselves around his feet and wrists.

"A move I usually do not like to use," I answer, making sure that my magic is completely hidden so that none can detect it.

"Do not let go of him, (Y/n)," a voice speaks above us.

"Merlin," I say once I catch sight of her. "Trust me, I won't."

"Gowther, it took a while but I finally figured out why you're so mentally unstable," Merlin states. "Your memories themselves are the issue. Every time you start to remember something, you trigger an adverse reaction by going berserk. This is one of the causes." The Sin of Gluttony reveals Gowther's heart in her hand and then lets it float in the air. "Seems you gave it to the King's elder sister, Nadja, who died quite young of an ailing heart. But that poor, ill-fated girl wasn't able to be resurrected."

My hand shakes slightly as Merlin slowly exposes Gowther's tragic past. "Dammit," I snarl under my breath.

"Please, I beg you," Gowther says in a voice I have never heard before. "I want you to destroy me."

"So much pain," I just manage to hear King murmur.

"Keep it together, alright?" Diane yells. "Let us carry your pain. We're your friends, we're here to help you. Even in your worst memories, there must be some precious ones worth holding onto! Try to remember, Gowther!"

Gowther flails around helplessly in my bondages, eyes widening as his memories wash over him.

"I've been looking into this trinket and have found absolutely no heart magic in it," Merlin claims. "Not a single shred."

"That's strange," King says. "Then where's his heart now?"

"It exists inside Gowther himself," Merlin replies. "Now and before."

"I have...a heart?" Gowther breathes.

"Of course you do, silly," Diane says with a smile. "If those tears aren't proof, then I don't know what is."

The second the Sin of Envy says this, I start to feel magic erupting from within Gowther, so I release my chains holding him. A bright light starts to surround the Sin of Lust and everyone stares in shock.

"Gowther's magic power just had a huge surge!" King exclaims.

"What we're seeing must be his true magic power level," Merlin says. "It's finally returned to him, along with his memories."

"From the looks of things, I'd say they didn't really need us," I hear the Sin of Wrath say. I glance over to see him and the Sin of the Greed standing on the gravel wall beside us.

"Guess not," Ban agrees.

"Ain't nobody needing your lazy ass in this situation," I tease my best friend and then stick out my tongue and pull down one of my eyelids. Meliodas does the same while Ban shoots me a huge grin.