Chapter 6

Chapter 6

( Jess's POV)

I woke up the next morning with my stomach aching. I exchanged the bandages then got changed into a long black skirt and a cream blouse. This was the only skirt I actually own it was fitting that I should wear it to meet the king. " Miss it's time", one of the maids said knocking on the door. As I walked I thought back to what I knew about the king he was over a thousand years old his favorite language was Latin and he enjoyed sports okay good. I was going to turn on the charm for once and blow Tristan right out of the way. I pinned my hair back into a tight bun and straightened my long side bangs leaving them down. " Don't embarrass me", Tristan said spotting me. " Won't dream of it", I said coolly.

" I mean it if you screw this up you're dead meat", he warned. " Then I suggest you don't screw this up", I said seeing Tyrell over by the door and Cheyenne sitting down by the door glaring at me. " Don't be yourself got it", he whispered in my ear. " Got it", I said smugly. " The king will see you now", one of the guards said walking out. " Good luck Trissy", Cheyenne said as we walked by. I bit my lip trying not to laugh but a small giggle escaped. " Quiet let me do most of the talking okay", he said quietly. " Sure whatever", I sighed. " Tristan it's good to see you again son and this must be Jessica", the king said. " Father", he nodded. " Celsitudo vestra", I said in Latin meaning your highness. " You speak the forgotten language", he said impressed. " Oui", I said with a smile.

" And French anything else", he said surprised. " Sì, signore", I said politely.

" Remarkable do you enjoy anything other than the art of languages. " I have to say sir I'm a pretty big soccer and basketball player", I said guiltily.

" Really I've never meet an actual player before but I watch the shows every night", he said fascinated. " I like the outdoors sir there's a lot of stuff out there though that I haven't done yet", I said proudly. " Wonderful how many languages do you know", he asked interested. " English, Spanish, French, Italian, Latin, Japanese, Chinese and Finnish", I said casually like it was no big deal. " And sports which ones do you play?", he asked. " Let's see basketball's my favorite then there's soccer, football, skiing, volleyball, skating and tennis", I listed off. " What do you do with your spare time", he asked. " I like challenges, hiking, camping, writing, drawing and way too much talking unfortunately", I said sweetly. " Don't be silly my dear you may go back to your room and I'll allow that TV to stay there you earned it", he said with a smile. " Thank you sir", I said curtsying. I winked at Tristan as I walked out then went back to my room. I listened to music while I practiced my gymnastics. " What was that?", someone said coming in without even knocking. " What was what?", I asked doing another one hand cartwheel. " That performance", Tristan said closing the door. " You told me to be nice make up your mind", I said doing a handstand now that I'd changed into some black yoga pants.

" Was any of what you said true", he asked. " Every word", I said in Japanese. " What on earth was your point", he asked. " You told me to be nice I was nice he asked me questions I answered them big deal", I said doing a front handspring then a flip and landed on my feet. " I told you to let me do most of the talking I've been telling him bad things about you every time I've seen him you totally ruined everything", he said annoyed. " Guess you should have thought about that sixteen years ago huh", I said looking at him. " Not funny", he hissed. " Wasn't meant to be", I said turning on the TV.

" Whatever you can eat in your room tonight I'm eating with Cheyenne", he said then walked out. " Yes", I said a little too loudly. " What was that?", he asked peeking his head in. " Nothing not a damn thing", I said eating the popcorn I'd prepared. " That's what I thought", he said then walked out slamming the door behind him. " Have a nice day", I said. I heard him curse then walk off leaving me alone in my room. Yippee.