I'm the mate of the prince of all vampires boy did see that one coming.

I'm the mate of the prince of all vampires boy didn't see that one coming!

Chapter 1

" Jessica Johnston pay attention", the teacher snapped. I jerked awake opening my eyes to meet the eyes of the teacher. " Sorry Mrs. Vector", I said sitting up. " Now as I was saying there's a pop quiz tomorrow", she announced. " Great", Annie said next to me. " And you better get one of the top grades", the teacher said coolly. " As always", Harris snorted. We all laughed and the teacher gave up and sat back down. " You can chat and study for the rest of class", she sighed. " Thank you", we said in unison. Annie, Maria, Carly and I played cards until the bell rang then we headed towards the cafeteria for lunch. " Hey Johnston want some real fun?", Leo called. " I'll check my schedule nope no time sorry", I said sarcastically. " Hey Jess want to join us for a game of basketball?", Jordan said spinning around a basketball on his finger. " Only if you're alright with losing", I said with a sly smile. " Bring it", he smirked. " You asked for it you coming girls", I asked grabbing the ball right out of his arms. " Oh so it's boys vs. girls prepared to lose Johnston", Rodney asked. " Are you", I said tossing him the ball. He caught hard in the chest and he flinched for a second. I smiled and got ready for the beginning of the game. Sheldon went first I knew he was going to toss it to Rodney and he was going to pass Willis because he could shot a three pointer but that wasn't going to happen. As soon as the whistle sounded Sheldon took the ball then I bounced it off and Annie took position then tossed it overhand to Carly who bounced it under Jordan's leg to Maria who missed but I caught it as it bounced off backed up and shot from half court and it went straight in. " Still planning on winning", I teased. It went on like this all game long I anticipated their every move and they didn't score once. At the end we cheered and high fived.

" Big deal you won one game", Sheldon snorted. " Hey Sheldon catch", I said throwing the ball and he barely caught it before it hit him in the nuts, " see you guys around". We left and went back inside just as the bell rang. I grabbed my bag and tied my dark red hair back. I was wearing the usual black leather jacket with a white tank top and some jean short shorts. I know you're thinking slut bag but most girls wore see through shirts and fishnets there was no dress code at this school because the principal was a big sissy. I sat with my legs up on my desk with my chair leaning back against the wall behind me. " Hey Jessie did you hear Danica's mate showed up last night and took her that's like the tenth girl this month soon this'll be an all boys school", Ginger said. Her real name was Alexandria but everyone just called her Gingy or Ginger because of her hair.

" The day this is an all boys school is the day I find my mate and that's not going to happen", I snorted. " Are you sure you have a mark we all do what makes you so sure your guy isn't coming back", she said unsure. " Because I just know besides the whole thing is a little ridiculous", I said spotting Ty walking in. Ty Draco was the hottest guy in school and yes I had a little crush on him. I took out my hair and whipped it around and looked out the window. " You don't need a mate every human guy flocks to you", she said as I tapped my pen. I dropped it and immediately men dived for it. " I believe you dropped this", Ty said putting it up on the desk. " Thanks", I said brushing him off. " It's Jessie right", he said looking me over. " And you're Ty Draco point being I'm getting bored with this conversation", I said snidely. " Maybe we could talk some time what's your cell I'll text you", he said fumbling for words. " I don't give out my number to strangers", I said. " You free after school", he asked excitedly. " It's probable", I shrugged. " Please give me your number", he begged. I beckoned him in and he smiled and leaned in.

" 445- 3444 and if I get one boring text I'm deleting you", I whispered.

" You got it", he winked then stood up.

" See you around", I said returning to looking out the window. I watched the fog roll in stupid vampires always with the dramatics. " Excuse students but some of our neighbors have arrived go about your business", the teacher said then left. I took off my sneakers from basketball and put some black spiked heels on. " Hey Jess we're late what did we miss?", Annie said skidding into her seat. " Nothing much", I said casually.