Rush

I suddenly wake up. I check the clock and it's 2:03 am. Fuck my head hurts. I remember that Alex's room is right beside mine and go over to ask for some pain meds. I knock on the door and hear his footsteps approach. He opens the door and I can't help but stare. His half buttoned shirt tucked into his dress pants have me mesmerized. His shirt, previously hiding his perfect body and lower chest tattoos make me stare even harder.

- Charlotte?

- Oh, uh yea do you have any Advil? My head feels like it's going to explode.

- never been hungover before? He chuckles.

- surprisingly, no.

- come in, I'll help you.

- thanks.

I walk in looking at the floor trying to not stare. He hands me a bottle of sprite and sits on the couch.

- so you've really never been hungover?

I join him on the other couch facing where he is seated.

- nope. I grew up in a house and was rarely ever allowed to do anything that might make my dads company look bad. So, no parties, drinking, drugs, boys or anything like that.

- really? No boys? Sounds like you got your childhood stolen from you.

- yea, kind of. I laugh awkwardly.

- is the sprite helping?

- yes, definitely.

- great. Let's go.

- wait what? Where? It's 3 am!

- so? Let's go have some fun! Better late than never!

He buttons his shirt and grabs my hand as we walk towards the elevator. We get to the lobby and into his car.

- so...where to?

- anywhere. The world is our oyster! He says, happily.

He start driving onto the highway when he speeds up. I can feel the excitement building up inside me as he goes even faster. 100, 150, 200, 280, 300 km/h
We end up at a fast food drive through.

- Two burgers and fries with two slushies please! He tells the woman at the counter.

He parks the car in the parking lot and we start eating the food.

- so, tell me about you.

- what do you want to know?

- anything! What's your favourite colour?

- purple! I laugh while drinking my slushy.

- I like royal blue. It's just so majestic!

Our conversation takes off and before we know it, the sun is coming up. At this point, we're both tired and just watching the sun rise in the car trashed with candy wrappers and food. He turns his head over to look me in the eyes, he smiles.

- what? I giggle

- I don't know. I haven't had this much fun since, well, I was a teenager.

We look at each other for a while before I grab him by the collar of his shirt and kiss him. He is startled at first but then puts his hands on my waist. My body on his, our lips interlocked. For a moment, I forget that we are sitting in a fast food parking lot surrounded by trash. This, this is the rush I've been craving my whole life.