ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

Start from the beginning

Say what now? I choke out in shock.

The Demon King must have specifically chosen him to keep an eye on his eldest son, my father notes thoughtfully. If you go to them now, the Demon King will see you through the pig's eyes.

OK, first of all, the pig has a name, I say irritably. His name is Hawk. Second of all, great timing. Honestly. What the hell are we meant to do now?

Kill the pig, my father says as if the answer was obvious.

Dad! I yell, outraged. We are not killing Hawk!

Then what? he says, huffing.

Here's what we're going to do, I say firmly. I'll knock Hawk out and explain the situation to the group so that they don't panic and get suspicious. And once we've done that, we'll just figure out the rest from there. Maybe Gowther can do something with his powers.

That has to be one of the most brilliant and elaborate plans you have ever come up with. It actually might beat Meliodas and your idea of starting the Holy War, my father says sarcastically.

Shut up, I snap irritably. Do you have a better one?

No, he sighs deeply. It appears that this may be our only option.

That's what I thought, I say as I beat my wings once again and head over to the group.

At the moment, my best friend is speaking to the Serpent Sin of Envy and the Grizzly Sin of Sloth who seem to have just arrived and joined the group so I carefully hover over Hawk, keeping my distance so that none of them see me.

Forgive me for what I'm about to do, Hawk, I say apologetically.

With all of the power and force I can muster, I brutally come crashing down on the poor pig, causing a great amount of dust to spread around us.

"Well, well, well," Meliodas says cheerfully as he points at me. "Look what we have here."

"It is just as I predicted," the King of Liones murmurs softly. "Lady (Y/n) of the Dark Shadows will once again join the Seven Deadly Sins."

Bright star, my father says slowly. Someone else got to it before we did.

Wait, what. I blink. Seriously?

Someone has already broken the connection, he goes on. Not fully but enough so that the Demon King can't see or hear us.

Who would have done that?

I swiftly raise my head and catch sight of the Boar Sin of Gluttony who has a slight sparkle in her yellow eyes as she places a single finger on top of her lips. Ah, so she was the one who did this.

I think we have met this Mage before, my old man comments.

Well, yeah. When she and the others came to my hut—

No, we have met her before that, my father cuts in.

Well, that's something we will have to further investigate later. Now is not the time, I say as my body slowly rises from Hawk's body, making sure I do nothing else to hurt him.

"(Y/n), (Y/n), (Y/n)," Meliodas repeats my name as he eagerly waves both of his hands above his tiny head.

"Aww, just look at you," I coo playfully as I place one of my hands on my hip and the other on my chest. "Getting all excited just for me."

"Why the hell did you do that to Master?" the Fox Sin of Greed questions and though he tries to hide it, I can see the worry in his blood-red eyes.

"Sorry about that," I apologise, grinning sheepishly as I lean down to pat Hawk's unconscious head. "Truly, I didn't mean to knock him out. I guess I got a little too excited."