Chapter 6: Rumors

{(Y/N)'S POV}

I'm now in Mondstadt's tavern since Aether and Paimon wanted to ask Charles about the rumors that have been going around, I have no other things to do so I just decided to follow them and listen to the rumors, we haven't travel to Liyue harbor yet since Paimon wanted to stay in Mondstadt for a few more days before we travel there "So, you've got a taste for adventure too, huh?  I must say, the patrons have been in a bit of a buzz lately. Though the topic on everyone's lips is more of an urban legend than actual news. Even minding my own business, I still end up hearing all about it" Charles explain to them while I just sit on the chair staring at the window while not really listening to them.

"I-its not one of those scary urban legends is it? If so, Paimon needs to take a deep breath first" Paimon asked the bartender while shaking in fear "Well, the first one isn't a scary story, but the second one... I say its pretty terrifying. The first tale is.. the Darknight hero!"  "Eek!"   "Paimon, he said the first story isn't even a scary story.." Aether sweat dropped at Paimon "Huh? was the bartender saying something?"  "You're not even listening? Anyway, the Darknight hero. They say he appears in the middle of the night to fight evil and uphold justice,  but to be honest, I don't have much interest in such rumors" he explained "What about his identity?" Aether asked a question "I doubt anyone knows about him, maybe he enjoys being a man of mystery. Anyways for the next rumor, I may need to remind you first that this one is a little bit disturbing" he said with a scared face.

"an adventurer said that when they were walking at nighttime, they encountered a scary looking person who attacked them and looked like they wanted to eat him, the person looks human but they seem to be interested in blood" Right after he finished his sentence I know I must gather some more information about this rumor "Please tell me more about this rumor." I said with a straight face "W-well, the adventurer was lucky enough since two knights were patrolling at that night, the knights helped him get away from the attacker but one of them accidentally sliced the attacker's arm, but they quickly grow another arm. The attacker then hid back in the shadows when the sun rise. If you're really interested about this rumor, you should ask the adventurer and the guards that witnessed what happen" after Charles finished explaining I quickly stood up and excused myself from the tavern "Thank you for the information, Aether, Paimon, sorry I gotta go"

I went outside the tavern to ask the civilians some questions about the rumors but Aether and Paimon called my name "Wait (Y/N)! what's wrong? you seem serious about the rumor just now" Aether asked worriedly "I gotta go ask some questions to that adventurer, the attacker might be what I thought it is" I said as I continued walking followed by Aether and Paimon "What do you mean? Paimon doesn't understand, could you explain" I then sighed and said "Demons. it could be a demon, remember what I said? demons eat humans and they can't be in the sunlight, I might be in another world, but my job is still with me"  "W-Wha?! demons?! how?! you said you're from another world, how did the demons get here!?" Aether said in shock "Shh, don't say it out loud, I have no idea how it came here but, I can't rest until the demon is slayed"

"We can help you defeat that demon and gather information about it--"  "No, I'm sorry but no, this is too dangerous, any of you could die"  I said in a serious worried tone "Oh.. okay then.. stay safe!" Aether said as he waved goodbye 'Now.. time for investigation'

{3RD PERSON POV}

"You are not gonna actually stay still and not help her right Aether?" Paimon said with an unamused face "Of course I'm not gonna just stand here and not help her! I must help her, in the meantime, I'll gather some information about the Darknight hero, maybe he can help us!" Aether and Paimon then went around to gather some information about the Darknight hero. Back to (Y/N), she was asking people to people until she finally met the adventurer that she needed to talk to "Hello, are you (R/N)?" she asked him while he nodded "Can you tell me some information about the person who attacked you and the knights that time?" the moment she finished her sentence, the adventurer started to tremble in fear, but (Y/N) was able to calm him down.