Friendship and Other Lies

Start from the beginning

One.

Atsumu's smile was sinister now. He was looking down at the ground, his left hand still twitching violently. And...was that laughing he heard? Atsumu was laughing. It was terrifying. Like he was going insane.

Two.

Hinata's heart was going ninety miles an hour. His ears roaring. He was scared, so scared, of Atsumu, but the exit was only so far. He could make it, he was sure.

Three.

Hinata didn't start running. He couldn't even move. Time seemed to have stopped.

Slowly, eyes wide, he turned his head to look at the hand on his thigh.

"You know I love you, right Shoyo?"

"What?"

The hand slid further up his leg, uncomfortable and disgusting. Hinata tried to pull away, but his back was to a wall. Atsumu had complete control over him.

"I love you."

"Miya-kun, I...You're not making sense!"

"Come on, Shoyo. Stop playing around. You feel the same way, right?"

The hand slid further.

"I...No?! Why would you ever think that?"

Atsumu inched closer to Hinata, who was on the verge of hyperventilating. He wanted to run, scream, and lock himself away. Far, far away. The hand was like a hot iron; painful and uncomfortable. The world was warping. Only Atsumu and the hand existed. Only those crazed eyes. Only the sick, twisted intention. Only his waistband, which was being tugged at.

"We spend all of our time together, Sho. Don't tell me you don't want this."

Hinata was frozen, and Atsumu was inches away from his face. He couldn't breathe. He was a jumbled, frenzied mess of anxiety. Of confusion. The hand was sending an electric shock through his entire body, making him numb. Atsumu's eyes locked onto his and wouldn't break contact.

Sentences tried to form in Hinata's head, but they wouldn't. His feet longed to carry him far away, but they wouldn't. He could feel his insides churning. He wanted to scream. He wanted to be alone. We wanted—

Someone walked into the locker room.

Hinata wasn't sure who. He didn't care who. All that mattered was that Atsumu had pulled back and started pretending to chat innocently with Hinata, to cover up for what had been happening.