Waking up

I woke up. I remembered everything clearer than the sky on a summer day. I pulled myself up in bed and looked around. The walls were painted white and the curtains were net and see through, they blew in the wind and I could smell the sea coming in from the window. I threw the silk duvet off and below revealed a pair of leopard print pj's. I lifted my top up and under neath there was a huge plaster, I vastly ripped it off and stood up, looking at it in the mirror. Their was a line of fresh stitching and it was bleeding a little. I opened the bedroom door, right beside my door was another. I pushed the handle down and it seem like the handle was broke and the door swung open very easily. Inside was another bedroom, but the bed was tightly made and the wardrobes were wide open and empty. I left that room and walked straight forward, there was another two doors, another bedroom and a living room kind of room, with a computer and a flat screen tv and a leather settee. A little further up the corridor was the bathroom, there was windows in the roof and the light beams danced in the air in front of me. I was getting closer to a door that was at the end of the corridor, the smell of toast and coffee became stronger and stronger the closer I got. Inside that room was another settee and tv on the left, whereas on the right was the kitchen, complete with a dining room and a breakfast bar. On the breakfast bar was fresh fruits like apples, kiwi's and strawberries but there was also croissants with jam and butter and a fresh pot of coffee was on the side. A cup was beside the oven, it was hall full with coffee and on the edge of the cup was red lipstick printed on from someones lips. The door behind me clicked closed and I froze on the spot.
"Well well well, aren't we two of the hottest ghosts you've ever seen," They laughed and I turned around. Mercedes was stood there, looking right at me and she took a massive chunk out of a croissant.
"Have I died?" I whispered, feeling the mark where Grace had stabbed me, blood stained my hands.
"No silly," She smirked, walking over to the cupboard behind me and bringing a first aid box out. She touched my hip with her hands, they were warm. I slowly moved my hand over to her face. I touched her freckled cheeks and ran my finger over her red lips. Her hair was always in the same style and I wrapped the curls around my fingers.
"I can't believe it," I stuttered, she put down the first aid things and pulled me into a giant hug. It took me a few seconds to process that I was hugging my dead sister, for real this time not like last time when I was probably dreaming.
"I think I owe you an explanation don't I?" She suggested and I nodded as she re plastered my wound.
"I think you do," I whispered, still in shock. Mercedes leaned over the breakfast bar and I took a seat on the opposite side to her.
"Shoot," She told me.
"What?" I asked.
"Ask me questions, anything you like and I promise yo give you an honest answer," She smirked.
"Where is this place?" I muttered.
"Northern France," Mercedes smugly replied.
"Why," I asked.
"We need Freddie Roscoe arrested and the only way we can do that is by him being arrested for our murder," Mercedes explained.
"But when can we go home?" I asked.
"Never, Ellie-Ann, we're dead. This is our home now," Mercedes sternly hissed.
"Who's Mercy?" I asked.
"Mercy?" Mercedes smirked.
"I'd been getting calls and texts from 'Mercy' asking me to plant evidence on Freddie and threatening me," I explained.
"Grace, I told her exactly not to handle you like that what the hell is she doing with herself," Mercedes hissed.
"Celine almost bust me and so did Porsche," I sighed.
"How did she get you here? It can't be as bad as how she got me here," Mercedes sniggered.
"I remember being strangled from behind then I got stabbed," I explained.
"So that right there is where she stabbed you?" Mercedes gasped and I nodded. Mercedes turned around and stormed into the living room. I followed her as fast as I could, when I arrived Mercedes was switching the TV on. I took a seat on the settee and watched the news as Mercedes put it on.

'Local girl, Ellie-Anna McQueen, who was stabbed four days ago in her home village, still hasn't been found. The police have warned her family to prepare for the worst, as her disappearance is the same as dead sister Mercedes McQueen, who went missing after being stabbed in November. Ellie-Anna, 17, told cousin Porsche that she was going to the shop at 4 O'clock on the 6th April. However, no CCTV footage show that she didn't go into local shop at all that day. It is thought that McQueen was going to meet someone named Mercy, her phone has been broken since then. Myra McQueen, mother of both Ellie-Anna and Mercedes has made an urgent appeal for her daughter to return home or for Mercy and whoever stabbed her that day to come forward to Chester local police or dial 111.'

"I don't want to do this," I nervously.
"Why?" Mercedes asked, stuffing a strawberry in her mouth.
"It's too risky, we could both get arrested never mind getting an innocent man arrested as well," I sighed.
"The plans fool proof," Mercedes shrugged, thinking nothing more about it. "Look, I've been doing it for what? 5 months, sure it's boring living here alone but now you're here," She continued, walking out the door as she was talking. I reached over for the remote control and turned it on again. That news report wasn't on anymore.