Occasionally I shivered and eventually wrapped my arms around myself, feeling oddly cold and hot at the same time. I had this nervous feeling as well and the result was that I wanted to hug myself, constantly distracted and falling into my own thoughts.

"Hello?" I realised only after a half a minute that it was directed at me. Both Norman and Jeffrey were looking at me. Jeffrey scowled. "You're cold. You're going to get ill, come now take my coat, don't be a hero."

I scoffed, but allowed him to take off his jacket and drape it over my shoulders, slipping my arms inside the warm thing. "Thank you." I murmured.

I'd never borrowed his jacket before and I resolved never again to, there was something inherently wrong about it I'd never seemingly noticed before. Suddenly I was even more nervous even though I appreciated the warmth. When I recovered from this strange flu or whatever it was I wouldn't be so easily chilled next time.

"Norman was saying that he thinks that Darcy should go ahead and relocate near us and accept the dentistry job on Bell Avenue, goodness knows she doesn't need it as wealthy as she is but you know her, she won't go anywhere where there isn't work to be had..."

But once again my mind drifted and I zoned out noticing that there were stars in the sky now and they twinkled quietly above us.

"...ever since I slept with your father..."

The words went in one ear and out the other and only a minute later struck me as odd and I looked up at him for clarification to which he gave me a dissatisfied scowl.

"What did you-"

"I said I slept with your father you fool, nothing I said woke you from your dream. Are you rather sleep deprived or do you have something on your mind?"

I shifted uneasily, looking away. I needed more time since the affair to be able to talk about it with my friends in all candid honesty. More time and for the memory to be less... fresh in my head. I could still feel his hands on me and I tried not to think about it because when I did I felt that need grow again it was impossible.

"It's not really-"

That smell grew stronger.

I blinked, looking down at my shirt, wondering how the cologne on the shirt of his I was wearing underneath this was getting stronger.

I wasn't looking where I was going when I did so and ended up walking directly into someone's side, who must have been marching along without much of a care at all either. The power of walking into someone walking so fast almost knocked me sideways and instead I stumbled to keep myself upright and swung around naturally as he did too and looked up to see the same fantastic, almost luminous, eyes of before, from that tragically addictive night in bed with a stranger.

His eyes went wide.

Mine did too, my mouth opened, I inhaled. A breeze travelled through and mussed my hair.

I stumbled back, all of it seemingly in slow motion and then in memory replayed back at twice the speed.

He narrowed his eyes, I took another step back, my heart beating savagely in my chest. "You..." His voice was low and accusing and so sexy it blew my mind.

The lamplight just behind me shone a soft glow on him, he was so handsome it took my breath away, tall and broad-shouldered with beautiful even dark skin and eyes that pinned me back against the ground and made my legs feel like jelly even as I tried to move away.

I turned suddenly and marched ahead, my heart still racing, my breath uneven, panic set in and I walked fast in the direction that would take me the furthest away from him.