ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Start from the beginning

"I don't know," a wrecked voice says from the entrance of the room. "I have no idea how the hell this happened."

Flinching at this voice, I look up and bite my lip hard to stop myself from gasping when I see my little Demon Prince in an absolutely devasting state. His usually perfectly kept raven black hair is sticking out in all directions, almost like his older brother's, and he has dark bags under his eyes. Even though he's a Demon, his ebony eyes look more dead than usual, more frightening.

"But then how?" Oriana wails as she presses her forehead against my copy's. "What happened?"

"Maybe because it was her last heart," the youngest son of the Demon King says, voice cracking. "My old man must have made sure that the curse would make her suffer in her last moments."

"No," Oriana hisses at this statement and then chokes on a sob.

"Damn it!" Zeldris roars as his black magic suddenly slams into the stone wall beside me.

The entire wall comes crumbling down and there are Demon soldiers on the other side of it who freeze and watch in shock as their Prince falls to his knees, tugging at his hair.

"Leave," Oriana orders quietly and the soldiers nod their heads but still stay frozen in their spots.

Oh, I recognise them. These are the same guards that have been stationed outside of my room for the past couple of weeks. The captain of the group starts to shove the younger soldiers away and I can see that each one of them has tears in their eyes.

Because I'm so close to them, I hear the captain mutter his breath before they leave, "Oh, Lady (Y/n). It wasn't your time."

Pressing a hand to my mouth to stop myself from making any noise, I feel cold tears roll down my warm cheeks, my last heart hurting so much under my chest.

This whole time I always hated those who were keeping me in the Kingdom of Camelot since I felt like a caged wild animal. But the maids and soldiers never saw me like that. In their eyes, I was not a terrifying beast or the dreadful warrior who had shed so much blood in the Holy War 3,000 years ago. I was just Lady (Y/n) who helped everyone in any way possible. Just Lady (Y/n).

My thoughts are ripped out of my mind when I hear Zeldris let out an odd, deadly noise I have never heard before.

"I will end this war," he snarls. "I will do whatever it takes to bring down all who didn't raise a single finger to help my (Y/n)."

"My Prince, you can't let your wrath fester like that," the Demon Queen murmurs as she carefully approaches her son. "You must not allow your anger to consume you."

"Then what the hell am I meant to do?" Zeldris yells as he brings his head up, eyes widening crazily. "My wrath is the only thing that will stop me from going insane, Lenora!"

"Let go of it, and think about what she would have truly wanted, my Prince," Oriana whispers as she kneels down and places her hands on Zeldris's arms.

"I failed her," Zeldris says faintly. "I told her I would get rid of the curse but in the end, I didn't even manage to ease her mind. She already knew she wasn't going to make it."

"With a curse like that," Oriana says firmly as she squeezes her son's arms, "anyone would have believed that."

"She told me to not let go," Zeldris continues mindlessly. "But it looks like I couldn't hold on in the end."

His mother startles when she hears this and quickly says, "My Prince, wait—"

The two of us helplessly watch as the youngest son of the Demon King stands to his feet with the Royal Demon mark coming back to life.

"I promised (Y/n) that I would get rid of her curse but because I failed her in that, I will do what I need to do to make sure that everything else goes to plan," Zeldris states as he clenches his hands by his sides and his magic envelops him. "So now, I will become the next Demon King."

Oh, Zel. I didn't want him to go down this path but if this will distract him for the next couple of weeks, I will have to let it happen.

Zeldris shoots Oriana a stern look, clearly telling her to follow him, as he silently leaves the room and Oriana has no choice but to do so. She quickly kisses the side of my copy's head and subtly places something within my copy's sleeve.

"I am so sorry," she whispers into my ear and then she's gone.

After waiting a couple of minutes, I head over to my copy's body, reach into the sleeve and pull out my dagger. I nearly squeal when I feel its comfortable weight in my hands once again.

Don't ever do that to me again, bright star, my father scolds me but very weakly.

Oh, old man, I coo softly. Sorry if I scared you.

I see why you had to do it, he says, sighing. Now everyone, including the Demon King, believes you're dead. But it won't be long before the Demon King finds out that you're actually not.

I know, I say as I make another copy of my dagger and then leave it by my copy's side. But that's enough time for me to figure out what to do next with Meliodas and the Seven Deadly Sins.

Well then, what are we waiting for?

Dashing out of the room, I head over to one of the large towers and rush to the top. I catch my breath as I start to climb onto the steep ledge.

Here we go, I whisper.

Here we go, my father repeats.

My dark wings spread across my back and I roll my shoulders to get my magic spreading across the top part of my body. Taking one last glance at Camelot's castle, the place where so many have protected and guided me, I leap into the clear air and take off to the night skies above.

I don't know who you are, but I advise you to leave right now and forget what you saw here.

You're the one.

You're as beautiful as the day I lost you.

Then hold on. Hold on tight.

I will make sure nothing will happen to you.

I won't let her do this by herself. I made a promise to her.

(Y/n) of the Dark Shadows, only child of Lord Dagon and Lady Arica, will you marry me?

Sucking in a sharp breath, I then scream out all my frustration, wrath, pain, and the black skies above take all of it in.

"I'll be back," I hiss as my dark shadows wrap themselves around my armour and dagger that are ready for war. "I'll come back to you, my heartless Prince."

━━ 🌹 ━━