[ 14 ] Car ride with a twist

Start from the beginning

"So we just leave him like this?"

Wait, were they arguing?

Were they arguing about him? Or because of him? Had he done something wrong again?

Fuck, I need to calm down.

"I don't know, Tae. I'm trying, okay? I'm trying my best, but it's not that easy. Jeongguk has been dealing with this shit for years, it's not like I can't give him a miracle medicine that would make it stop."

Jimin was definitely pissed off. Jeongguk could easily tell by the way his voice turned shrill on the last few words of his sentence.

Don't fight over me. He wanted to say, but the words were caught in his throat. I'm not worth it.

"I trust you, Minnie. It's just... you know what, let's not talk about this anymore. We should go check on him." Taehyung's voice was smooth and calm compared to Jimin's. Not long after the male said this sentence, Jeongguk heard the knob to the door twist and soon, the light from the other room flooded the one Jeongguk was laying in. Letting out a small groan of discomfort at the sudden brightness, he shielded his eyes with the back of his hand and whined.

Jimin rushed to him and sat on the silken bed, his small eyes full of worry. He reached out to touch Jeongguk's forehead, a frown making its way onto his face as he used his other hand to tap the younger's cheek, making him grumble.

"Show me your tongue." He requested, though his sharp tone was making it sound more like an order. And Jeongguk didn't want to disobey his friend, for he was extremely scary when mad.

So he opened his mouth and stuck his tongue out, looking elsewhere as he let Jimin inspect it thoroughly.

"Good. Now get up." He demanded as he himself got up to his feet, now standing next to the bed Jeongguk was lying in.

The younger gave him an hesitant glance, still not fully aware of whatever the hell was happening. All he knew, was that he didn't want to leave the bed. It was comfy, warm, and besides he felt too tired to move even a mere inch.

"Jeongguk, get up." Jimin repeated in a stern voice as he tapped his short fingers on the wooden surface of the bed, impatiently.

Seeing as his friend didn't look like he was going to leave him alone any soon, Jeongguk decided not to piss him off any more than he already was. Slowly, he turned his body around so that his feet could touch the cold floor. Sucking in a sharp breath, he then ignored the soreness in his muscles and stood up, stretching his arms in the air afterwards.

"Come closer." Jimin demanded, once again. And Jeongguk complied: he took a step forward, now facing the shorter male who glared daggers into his skull.

"What d-"

Jeongguk was not prepared for the harsh slap he received as a response to his unfinished question. Nor was he prepared to see tears pool in his best friend's hazel eyes when he looked up at him.

"Is there anything left in that dull mind of yours, or are your bangs blocking the way to your brain?" Jimin said as he grabbed Jeongguk's shoulders and shook him back and forth vigorously.

"It's already bad enough that you have to be addicted to this shit, you don't have to make it worse by trying out weird mixes." For some reason, his voice sounded distant. Like he was there, but at the same time he wasn't.