"Damn, that was deep Sarah," Emerson told her best friend, not letting her see how much her words affected her.

"You said you wouldn't laugh," Sarah whined.

"Trust me, I'm not laughing," Emerson muttered, almost too quietly for Sarah to hear her. "So what's the plan then?" she asked, setting her cards down giving Sarah her complete attention.

"You know the plan," Sarah reminded her. "We graduate from Chapel Hill, marry rich, and-"

"No, not that plan," Emerson told her. "Our plan."

"Our plan?"

"We know what the future looks like, right?" Emerson asked her and Sarah slowly nodded her head. "We have one more summer before the rest of our lives begin. One more summer to do whatever the hell we want to do. We shouldn't waste it."

"Yeah I guess you're right," Sarah realized.

"Hey girls!" An older man's voice called out causing the two girls to turn. "What are you doing? There's a storm coming," Ward Cameron, Sarah's father, reminded them.

"Well the storm's not here yet," Emerson smiled sweetly. She had known the man long enough to be considered a part of their family, and they were a part of hers too. Ward treated Emerson like she was his own daughter, not just Sarah's best friend. Which also meant he would occasionally lecture her the same way he would Sarah, and she would occasionally sass him the same way Sarah would.

"There's still work that needs to be done," He told her, mimicking the smile she had on her face.

"That's what pogues are for," another voice said, causing a disappointed look to appear on Ward's face as he looked at his only son. "I shouldn't even be the one carrying this in," He added, lifting up what appeared to be a heavy box.

Rafe Cameron, the kookiest of them all. Emerson knew that her parent's and the Cameron's dream was for her and Rafe to be married the second she graduated college. It was destined to happen eventually, she knew it and so did Rafe. The fact they weren't already together was one of the many mysteries for both Emerson's parents and for Ward Cameron.

"But I love watching you work," Emerson pretended to pout, making Sarah gag and a pleased expression appear on Rafe's face.

"Well in that case," Rafe set the box down then moved his hands to pull his shirt off.

"Hey! Hey," Ward shouted, effectively stopping his son's actions. Despite the annoyed look on his face Ward was actually very pleased that Emerson and Rafe seemed to be getting closer. And he knew that Emerson's parents would be happy too. "Get in there," he said, trying to push Rafe into the house.

"Maybe next time babe," Rafe said, sending a wink in Emerson's direction.

"Can't wait," She hollered, smiling when she heard him laugh. When Emerson turned her head and saw the almost disgusted look on Sarah's face her smile fell immediately. "What?" she asked innocently.

"I'll never get used to the thought of you and my brother," She quivered.

"We aren't together," Emerson reminded her.

"Not yet," Sarah spoke quietly, making them both think of what they were talking about before Ward and Rafe showed up.

Ever since Emerson and her boyfriend broke up she knew that it was time for her and Rafe to start their relationship. Her parents were ready, his were ready, basically everyone on the island was ready for them to be together. Everyone knew that they were basically together, they were just waiting for it to be official.