Recap

This story follows Cody Griffin after the movie the thirteenth year, where he finds out that after his thirteenth birthday is a slowly turning into a merman and he can’t stop it. His Friends Jesse by his side he tries to keep his changes to a minimal, but when he has a major swim competition coming up his competitive nature gets the best of him. He wins his race only to find out he has grown arm fins. His longtime rival, Sean, had seen them while Cody is trying to get away from everyone. Cody is able to stay hidden by sticking to the ceiling if the swim change room and gets home with disapproving parents help. His friend Sam, a girl, comes by while to see why he left suddenly and sees his arm fins then faints. After she comes to they explain about Cody and she leaves saying that “this is too much.” Late that night Cody is staring out the window to the bay, right outside his home he feels pulled to the sea. He goes to the beach despite the late hour; he pulls off his shirt and starts swimming, not even needing to come up for air. He finds his mother, his birth mother who is a mermaid. She pulls her hand forward and a light beams from them. She encourages him to touch her hands. He does so but only for a moment when they see lights above. They swim up to see a boat, Cody’s mother swims off, her tail is splashing the surface, and Cody swims to the beach hoping no one saw them, but Josh Wheatly Jesse’s dad who is obsessed with mermaids was in the boat saw. Since he had ran into Cody’s mother years before on a fishing trip. Causing her to leave Young Baby Cody on Cody’s now adoptive parents boat so he wouldn’t be captured where they found him soon after. (Flashback ended) Mr Wheatly is intrigued by this development. The next day, Cody gets Sam to meet him at the beach, She apologizes and they share their fist kiss. Cody then wants to show her something. They walk knee deep in the water Cody grows his arm fins, Cody’s mother shows up, Sam ask if she is his mother, he tells her yes. Sam compliments her beauty, and suddenly Cody is writhing in pain he stumbles back to the beach, he tells Sam to get his parents. Sam runs off and Cody still in pains looks at his arms fins and then his feet, that turn into to separate fins each looking like they are only half of a fin. Cody hears something, yelling Sam as he thinks her returning. To his dismay someone throws a bag over him. He ends up on none other than Mr. Wheatly’s boat. Jesse happens to figure out that his father saw Cody at the Swim meet and goes to find Cody. Mr. Wheatly is using Cody as bait to capture his mother to prove he is not crazy after all these years. It works, Cody’s mother is caught in a big net, while Jesse and Cody watch in horror. Jesse looks around finding a knife and jumps in, using his newly learned swimming skills that he learned from Cody in a deal that Jesse helped Cody figure out what was happening to him. Jesse dives down and cuts the mermaid loose, she escapes, but Jesses’ leg is caught in the net. He passes out. Mr. Wheatly jumps in but cant not swim well enough to get Jesse. Cody still in pain pulls himself off the boat and saves Jesse. Being in the water seems to have helped Cody. Cody brings him back to the dock, Sam, Cody Adoptive parents have all found their way to the dock. Sam starts CPR but it doesn’t seem to help. Cody them remembers something, telling everyone to back up. He puts his fingers to Jesse’s chest and pushes, an electric current goes from Cody’s fingers to Jesse’s body. Nothing happens so he tries again. After a minute, Jesse coughs up water and asks if Sam was just kissing him. They all laugh. Cody’s parents then notice Cody’s new probably permanent changes. His Birth mother shows up waiting for Cody. Cody told them she wants him to go with her, that his birth mother is the only one that can help him through these changes. His adoptive mom then gets teary and does not want him to leave, She keeled down beside him, looking as his half legs half fins. She looks towards the mermaid then at Cody, saying that his birth mother says she promises to have him back before school starts. His mom stands up, Sam then kneels down and tell him not the fall for any mergirls while he is gone he tells her he won’t. Lastly, Jesse tells Cody that he and his father want to hear about everything he sees when he comes back. Cody’s nods then takes his shirt off and gives it to his mom. Sliding into the water and going down to meet her Birth mother. She raised her hands as before and he did the same, the light coming from her hands got brighter after a minute then dimmed she pulled away and they hugged. She began to swim away. Cody though, looked up at the surface and swam fast bursting through the water surface, sprang out the way, showing off him now black sliver pearl full tail. He came back down, rose to the surface, and waved back at his friends and family. They waved back. He then followed his mother.

This is where our story begins.